Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

For Sale Selling my T-Bucket

JetMech727

I have decided to sell my car. I started it in early June of 2017, did the complete mock up and then blew it apart in March of this year for paint. I started reassembly in May and have just kinda lost interest in it.

History:
Deluxe 4 bar chassis w/chrome package and deluxe body w/passenger door. Crate SBC engine, crate B&M TH350 transmission & converter, crate Currie 9" housing, 31 spline axles & posi 3rd member w/3:70 gear, Willowood disc w/polished calipers, Currie 11" rear drums, polished stainless hard lines for fuel & brakes, chrome everywhere. I have everything to complete the car minus windshield glass, plug wires, radiator hoses & upholstery. I have made a seat riser, seat bottom & back rest but they have not been installed yet. I also have the seat bottom & seat back foam. All gauges (VDO), wiring harness, polished stainless hot rod column and ect have not been reinstalled yet. Basically all that's left is wire the car, throw the headers on (included), install windshield glass, install seat frame, add fluids (high zinc engine break in oil included) and the car is ready to drive. The upholstery can be added later. I was going to do my own but Speedway does have an upholstery kit that is very reasonably priced. The car also comes with an original 1923 Ford Roadster title that is clean and just needs to be transferred to the new owner. I also have the Vin id tag already made. I have a ton of pictures during the build. I can easily email or text them to interested buyers. I have exactly $30,020.39 invested and have every receipt and instruction sheet that came with all the parts that went into the car. I'm asking $20,000.00 or a possible trade for something of equal value and is turn key.

Thanks!
Jim Robertson
32ford1@cox.net
918 638 6869

Last edited:
I personally have never given up on anything I started. Some took more than 20 years to complete.

In my opinion you should just put it on the back burner in the shop and wait. If you sell it now, you will never experience the joys of it.

It is too much of a nice car to not finish and you won't get anywhere near what you are asking for it IMO as it sits unfinished. Most people want to build their own for the experience and cost savings. Trade maybe close but not near enough for what you have in it. Only wealthy would buy but most want full size cars with heat and air.

FINISH THE CAR AND DRIVE IT FOR A MONTH BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO GET RID OF IT. Unless your wife/marriage is a deciding factor.:):););)

It looks like the hardest parts of the build are finished. If you finish it and still want to sell it, you might get more for a finished, running and driveable car.
But, as T-Test said about cars and marriage, you have to do what works for you and your situation. Nothing wrong with wanting to keep you marriage and family together.

Realistically , in this economy , with the people a car like this appeals to , in it's present form , you'd be lucky to get $6-8 K for your car , IMO , and that's pushing it . Remember that even though the stuff is all new , it's still " used" ..

Cars are not exactly a good investment. Of all the cars I've have sold the only one I made any money on was an old Volkswagon. I bought it for $50.00 and sold it for $250.00!

Keep it if you can, or let someone else that you can trust finish it. Unless personal issues are at stake, you might regret your decision. I also have lost interest, I've been on my build for 5 yrs now and am nowhere near along as you and thought about selling off also. It'll take awhile but I will finish it. Good luck, looks like you have done a great job!

Thanks for the kind replies guy's. I've had several pretty decent offers on the car that I am thinking over now. My wanting to get rid of it has nothing to do with money or wife / home life.

If Spirit was closer and I had a way to get it to them i'd see if they would be interested in wiring it for me. It's always been my least favorite thing to do and if I was to get over that hurdle i'd be more inclined to finish it.

You’re in Oklahoma? If all you need is wireing there are a couple of guys near Yukon that can/will help! Right Rick?

Yes, I'm in Claremore Oklahoma. Bout 30 min N & E of Tulsa. A swift kick in the seat might get me fired up again.

We may come up there and do that! I’m dragging my feet and Indycars keeps nudging me along time o! Lol. There was s another guy a lot closer. I hope he rings his in too.

Sometimes a swift nudge goes a long way to helping complete a project. I think chopped top is pretty close to me as well. He's been sending emails about garage nights that have been going on close by but I work afternoons and they've always been on weeknights so I've missed them.

You’re in Oklahoma? If all you need is wireing there are a couple of guys near Yukon that can/will help! Right Rick?
Sure be glad to help!

A swift kick in the seat might get me fired up again.

Consider it done .... bend over Jet!!! :cool:

SwiftKickInThePants.png
I still have lots of wire, maybe 800-900 feet (total, had 1500 to start with) of of 16, 14, 12, and 10 gauge wire.
Lots of Deutsch Connectors, ring spade etc.
Blue Seas Terminal strips, Blue Seas Cut Main Cut Off Switch, In Line Fuses, Relays
Solder, soldering guns, crimpers, shrink tubing (all sizes), hot air gun, tie wraps (5 colors),
FP01_WireDispenser_6016.jpg

I would need a wiring diagram, but that could be done online before I get there or you could
bring the car to Yukon Ok. I like using Visio and making drawings. Plenty of help here on the
forum to sort out the details. I like wiring for some unknown reason !!!

Complete Rewire Project

I have a 12 circuit harness w/fuse box along with pretty much everything else needed on hand that I purchased for the car. I planned on putting the fuse box under the seat and I put holes in the chassis during mock up to run the wiring through. Pos battery cable is already in the chassis and neg is done out back at the battery. Not sure if existing harness wiring is long enough to reach under dash though. That might be where extra wire would come in handy and extra terminals are always helpful. Harness came with a diagram. Only thing I haven't figured out yet was the turn signal switch. I have a column mount but don't much care for it. Like I stated earlier in the op, pretty much everything is on hand to finish the car except my motivation. My really good car buddy that use to prod and needle me passed away and I sorely miss him. Car would've been finished already if he was still around to give me the boot when needed.

I have a 12 circuit harness w/fuse box
Just 12 circuits, that should be a piece of cake, mine has 22.

Only thing I haven't figured out yet was the turn signal switch.
Ok, so post the particulars! We need the wiring harness PN# and the Turn Signal PN# so we can get the diagrams, then my backup crew (forum members) will create a wiring diagram for me to follow that will tie into the harness you bought.

Not sure if existing harness wiring is long enough to reach under dash though.
Does the dash come out where we can wire it on the bench?

My really good car buddy that use to prod and needle me passed away and I sorely miss him.
I think that's where the problem originates then, it's soooo much more fun to work with somebody than alone. Sorry about your friend, but there is lots of us that would like to ease the pain your are feeling. I've been know to be a pain, just ask my wife or ORF.

Don't sell that damn thing yet, the Calvary is coming!!! You are only a couple of hours from my home!!!

Sorry if my post above about a kick in the pants offended you, but I do like to joke around and have fun!!!

I think we should make a day trip to go get a new bucket on the road. I’m ready when you are. I can get the dash wired to plugs with no problems. I think we can get it done in a long day.

Indy, you did not offend me at all. Made me chuckle actually. Gary passed away Christmas day last year. He could never afford to build anything for himself and kinda lived through my projects. He was like an old dog that just lays at your feet and barks occasionally. He would sit in a chair I had just for him with it turned around backwards and his chin propped over the edge of the backrest with an unlit cigarette hanging out of his mouth. He enjoyed calling me a dumb a$$ a lot. Lol I always tried to incorporate 1 or 2 of his ideas into my projects. The gauge arrangement on this car was what he liked. I prefer a more symmetrical layout. But Garry won!

Here's the harness I purchased Speedway Economy 12 Circuit Wiring Harness . First time using one of these. I've typically used a Haywire harness in the past. Wires are marked and I think I should only require 9 or 10 circuits. Typical hi/lo headlights, turn signal, tail lights, starter, single wire alt, elec fan w/thermo activation, oil pressure, water temp, license plate light & 12v outlet, headlight switch, turn signal switch, ignition switch. Dash is not removable unfortunately. I do have a separate gauge harness on hand as well. Haven't look at it so not sure what all it has.

If you guys are willing to get me back on track then the CAR IS OFF THE MARKET. And I guess we should move the topic to "electrical". And I'm sure Garry is looking down calling me a DA for even considering it.

Gary passed away Christmas day last year. He could never afford to build anything for himself and kinda lived through my projects.
I think we could make him appreciate what you have done with alittle work ! You should put an
8x10 of Garry on the wall so he can watch us screw up !!! I can help with that also, I have some
computer graphic skills.

He enjoyed calling me a dumb a$$ a lot.
Well I think I can pickup the slack where he left off there ! Dumb as.... well I might wait until we've
at least meet before I start that shit. LOL!

Ok, I've downloaded it. I'm sure I will have more questions.

Didn't you say you had an aftermarket turn turn signal switch? ... Do you have a PN#? Need wiring diagram.

If you guys are willing to get me back on track then the CAR IS OFF THE MARKET.
Yipppeee I A !!! ThumbsUp.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back