Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the T-Bucket Forums discussions? Then sign up for a free forum account, today!

Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters                Spirit Industries                Southern Legacy Freight!               

Dismiss Notice
Thank you for visiting the T-Bucket Forums! This site was created in 2006, to provide enthusiasts with a place to discuss T-Buckets. Over the years, there have been many imitators, but this is the T-Bucket resource you have been looking to find. We encourage you to register a FREE account and join in on the discussions.

Slooow Going

Discussion in 'Photo Album' started by Snicklefritz, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Snicklefritz

Snicklefritz
    Expand Collapse

if you read from the start it wasn't intended to be a discussion but it's turned into a bit of that and as you can see there's no project being built. didn't seem to reach the threshold of a project given it will be some time before a wrench is turned; when i do start the project it won't be covered here. i'm actually surprised there's been any input at all. i expected a few views at the most.

2. Snicklefritz

Snicklefritz
    Expand Collapse

although the intent of this thread is to form a photo repository of the parts i'll be acquiring for my project i thought it couldn't hurt to post the occasional photo of cars i'm drawing inspiration from. mostly for me but if anyone benefits from it i'm all for that. choppedtop posed a question about whether this thread belongs here or not so by all means if the powers that be agree i'm happy to move it elsewhere. in the mean time i'm not going to go crazy with the inspiration photos and from this point on i'll hopefully only be checking in to upload another acquisition.

Attached Files:

3. choppedtop

choppedtop
    Expand Collapse
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Retired
    My error,,,forgetaboutit. Contunue on and I will hush and keep reading about your plans with interest.

4. Snicklefritz

Snicklefritz
    Expand Collapse

no worries. i'm new here so i'm glad you chimed in.

5. Snicklefritz

Snicklefritz
    Expand Collapse

Being faithful to the thread title it has been a while since I posted. Again, this is just a photo collection of parts I'm assembling- not the build. In keeping with my goals for the engine, power range, etc, I determined that a factory cast intake, while heavier than aluminum, will suit my needs well. This is off a 289 but I had hoped for the less common 302 cast intake. They are identical but for the numbers.
    Anyway, I've also got a GM 8.75 10 bolt out of a Nova but it's under snow right now so no pix. Hoping to get started on the frame in the Spring.

Attached Files:

6. Flyer

Flyer
    Expand Collapse
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Retired
    Hey Snicklefritz, don't you have it backwards. Most guys put Ford rears behind Chevy engines, not Chevy rears behind Ford rears. But I suppose it's a case of run whatyou brung, or something...

Snicklefritz likes this.
  7. Snicklefritz

Snicklefritz
    Expand Collapse

i'm building the car around the engine and i'm going for a mid-60s theme. i had a shot at this rear and grabbed it even though it's not exactly period correct. it's a darn good axle (needing a rebuild) but if i can get an 8", dana 44, or tri-5 rear i might get that.

8. Spanky

Spanky
    Expand Collapse

Mismatched drivetrains are a long tradition with hot rodders. Ivo's T had a Buick nailhead engine and a '41 Ford rear end.

Ivos T.jpg

Snicklefritz and lincolnuT like this.
  9. fletcherson

fletcherson
    Expand Collapse

I love it. I have done many swaps over the years, was one of the things I was known for, making stuff work that didn’t belong, perse’... whatever works or whatever you prefer!

Snicklefritz likes this.
  10. Snicklefritz

Snicklefritz
    Expand Collapse

ivo's car and the (monogram) "big t" are two of my favorites although mine will be a bobtail and more in line with mid 60s styling.

Attached Files:

11. Snicklefritz

Snicklefritz
    Expand Collapse

yup, real hot rodding is about making what ya got to work.

12. Spanky

Spanky
    Expand Collapse

Hey, Flier: I see from your profile post that you're using a 302 for your engine. Did this come out of the rollover you were parting out? o_O

Advertise with Us! Advertise with Us! Advertise with Us! White Rose Technology Ting Mobile Buy VPN

SSL Certificate