Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Slooow Going

Nice work, SF. With that short wheelbase you may want to steer toward a more compliant suspension setup to avoid a too-choppy ride. I'd recommend coil-overs in the rear, and maybe a monoleaf spring for the front. A friend of mine here in St Louis had good luck with a monoleaf on his bucket.

thanks man. i think it's the price i'm willing to pay for keeping in with my favorite era of 'bucket. in this case i'm going for roughly a mid-60s style. granted i'm likely gonna have disc brakes up front unless i can come up with a cheapo drum setup. i had looked at a coil with shock (not coilover) rear but obviously i ended up with a buggy spring.

when i want a smooth ride there's always my honda hatchback. :D

FINALLY. I finally picked up a body yesterday. I had some false starts and other complications but I had a couple of leads on, for a lack of a better way to put it, older style body that I wanted to pursue. This one is from a local guy who used to make bodies for Total Performance but in conversation he mentioned he had an old mould that was a bit worn out. With the attached photos a close examination will show a few details that are different. Of course it'll need extra work.my t body 1.jpg my t body 2.jpg

Way to go, Snick!
Great to see you posting again. You're underway, and every 'baby step' will bring you closer to the goal. Keep the dream alive!!!

(PS - Here's me with a body, frame and rear axle . . . just getting started, and then the car on the road, finally!!!)

Vroom-vroom!.jpg 1 b.jpg

Last edited:
Way to go, Snick!
Great to see you posting again. You're underway, and every 'baby step' will bring you closer to the goal. Keep the dream alive!!!

(PS - Here's me with a body, frame and rear axle . . . just getting started, and then the car on the road, finally!!!)

View attachment 21385 View attachment 21386

thanks spanky. each step keeps my motivation going. just resting that new/old body on the rails was a kick in the pants.

your car came out great and has that classic hot rod look. i appreciate the inspiration!

now i want to get back to focusing on assembling chassis parts after figuring out how to plan out things like ride height, etc... without buying a bunch of parts i won't need.

Kellison-T-Bucket-fiberglass-body 1964.jpg Speedway-T-Bucket-body-ad 1966.jpg
That picture of your body looks like an old Byrd body, note lower extension.

it does look similar to some byrd body pix i've seen. it also looks like an almquist body. the guy who made it i think mentioned he bought the mould in pa and i think the company was based there. but that makes it far from conclusive. others made made them too and the speedway has the same body detail at the top edge of the body that mimics a steel body, and is seen on mine. (pix from tbucketplans.com)

Almquist-T-Bucket-body 1965.jpg Honest-Charley-T-Bucket-fiberglass-body 1966.jpg

ok... the text ended up in the middle of my post for crying out loud? what the hell? that's not how it looked when i typed it and added pix.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back