Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Small alternator

Gerry

I notice a lot of guys use GM alternators. Heres a Japanese one sitting in my T. You can see from the pics its small, really small. This one is 50 Amp but the same as this can be made with up to 150A.
Wasp racing (I mentioned before as Luke racing) put it together for me. So if you have size issues this is the way to go. By the way its a single wire so easy to hook up.
alt.JPGalt1.JPGalt2.JPG

Prertty aint it?
Gerry

I'm running a similar Denso type chrome alt on my '27. They do work well and are definitely more compact!

Gerry, Nice alternator however, you need a manicure...LOL...ruggs

Gerry, Nice alternator however, you need a manicure...LOL...ruggs

I thought I had one. When I went to the beauty shop and asked for a HOT ROD Manicure and thats what they gave me. The pics show me just a few hours after it was done. Cost me over 50 bucks for that look.
Why dont you like it, are the nails too much or is it the moisturized skin??
Let me know cause there is a new salon opening up next week and they have a Dirt Bike manuicure on offer for the first 100 customers. LOL
G

I have a Honda Civic alt on mine.

Are you turning that off your pinion or rear axle somehow? You gonna be turning enough revolutions to make enough current or when you are stopped?

Pretty paint.

I have a Honda Civic alt on mine.

Are you turning that off your pinion or rear axle somehow? You gonna be turning enough revolutions to make enough current or when you are stopped?

Pretty paint.

Yep.
Made up a disk that goes between the pinon flange and the UJ. Cut a V (which was just a SOB) in it to take the belt for the alt.
By calculation I need to do 7mph for a full whack from the Alt. It should work just fine. Was,p who made the alt for me say there will be no problems as nothing much on the T to take power
Gerry

Yep.
Made up a disk that goes between the pinon flange and the UJ. Cut a V (which was just a SOB) in it to take the belt for the alt.
By calculation I need to do 7mph for a full whack from the Alt. It should work just fine. Was,p who made the alt for me say there will be no problems as nothing much on the T to take power
Gerry

I would think headlights at stoplights in town getting caught at a couple in a row could be quite a drain.

I would think headlights at stoplights in town getting caught at a couple in a row could be quite a drain.

headlight are old style... not a lot of power needed. Stop n tails and all other lights will be LEDs (no power drain to speak of)
I am assured that this set up will be OK. Time will tell

headlight are old style... not a lot of power needed. Stop n tails and all other lights will be LEDs (no power drain to speak of)
I am assured that this set up will be OK. Time will tell
These work great. As someone else said, long periods stationary esp. with lights on means the battery needs to be decent. The little 50A Denso alternators will go to 12,000rpm no sweat because the rotor diameter is so small.

A good deep cycle battery is all you need, just like the boats use, some without any on-board charging system at all, and they start (many times) and run all day long... as you said, time will prove it out, one way or another, testing is what I did for over 20 years... My poor car has been a real guinea pig, over and over all these years... :winkn:

I thought I had one. When I went to the beauty shop and asked for a HOT ROD Manicure and thats what they gave me. The pics show me just a few hours after it was done. Cost me over 50 bucks for that look.
Why dont you like it, are the nails too much or is it the moisturized skin??
Let me know cause there is a new salon opening up next week and they have a Dirt Bike manuicure on offer for the first 100 customers. LOL
G
Not enough grease, no paint and no band-aids

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back