Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Solid engine mounts

I gotta ask what is the off topic car that is going in? I am taking a guess and at Fiero

Good eye there Ron. I actually built the car 7-8 years ago, and still own it.
Russ

What size cable should be used for this torque stay?

3/16"? I like the bicycle lock cable because it's coated.

Russ

Do ya think those clamps used to make loops on the end of the cable would be strong enough to hold?

These look good, & are strong enough to keep a bigblock at bay....

http://www.savacable.com/pages/prod_02_01.html

Product Line »
Cable Fittings »Eye (Eyelet) Fittings
im_2_01.gif

NOTES:
1. 302 eye holds 85 lbs. max.
2. 315x260 holds 350 lbs. max.
3. 330P eye holds 1600 lbs. max.
4. 340P500 holds 3500 lbs. max.
5. .580 dimensions will be furnished unless
otherwise specified.
6. For bent eye, the angle must be specified,
with a standard tolerance of ±5°
7. 310 eyelets hold 300 lbs. max. for 1/16˝ cable. Dimensions shown are after swaging. Before swaging, the legs on the shank of the fittings are in a straight-up position. These eye fittings require special tooling and considerable tonnage to crimp. (Hand tools are not available. We recommend that you have SAVA assemble them for you to obtain proper breaking strength.) Above eyes generate full breaking strength on 7x7 and 7x19 cables unless otherwise noted. Stainless steel material for eyes is AISI Type 302/304.

Measure from front of accessory mounting hole on front of head down to where you want to attach it on the frame, call them and have a cable made up. Use 3/8's cable and up....

Well, I made my own torque stay out of a turnbuckle. I adjusted the turnbuckle until tight. I did not torque it down enough to make the rubber mount compress. I will see how this works out later.

Thanks for all the ideas

I think I saw a Pete & Jakes master cylinder that had the brake lines coming out of the drivers side as the cylinder was mounted with the push rod going from front to rear. Would that help you?

I think I saw a Pete & Jakes master cylinder that had the brake lines coming out of the drivers side as the cylinder was mounted with the push rod going from front to rear. Would that help you?
I'll look into that if this torque stay doesn't do its job

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back