Son of Flubber T

Red River Jack

Hey guys i was watching son of flubber a movie made
in 1963 and cought this t i took the pics right off
my tv it has a chevy and it looks like strombergs
dont have any info on it but its truly early 60,s
hope ya enjoy its given me more ideas to use
when i start mine

I've seen that car in the movie but never knew who built it or have never seen it anywhere else. Would like to know about it. Looks cool.

butch27 said:
I've seen that car in the movie but never knew who built it or have never seen it anywhere else. Would like to know about it. Looks cool.

As found on the internet...

Marty Hollmann's 1915 "Bobtail T"

Martin Hollmann is without a doubt the most underrated T-bucket builder of the 50's and 60's. How so, you say?

Sure, Grabowski and Ivo built awesome buckets that have inspired generations that followed. But, what other 19-year-old (born in Berlin, Germany, no less) creates such a unique, beautifully proportional T-bucket that it achieves the hat trick of hot rodding: the covers of Hot Rod, Car Craft, and Rod & Custom -- all within a 15 month period!

I first saw Marty's T-bucket on the cover of the January 1961 Car Craft and was fascinated by it. At the time, I was only 12 and didn't truly understand the beauty of symmetry, but I knew I loved this T-bucket. The T grille shell was sized and positioned to allow the finned Weiand valve covers to be perfectly visible above its angular sides. And that '49 Olds V8 appeared massive -- it was as wide as the bucket's firewall!
The profile photos showed a T-bucket that appeared more rakish than those of Grabowski and Ivo. Only later did I learn that there was a significant difference between Marty's 1915 T body and the later models used by Norm and TV Tommy.

When Marty's T appeared on the cover of the March 1961 Hot Rod, it was paired with Norm's T touring. As further proof of this bucket's mass appeal, it was used in such movies as "Bikini Beach" and "Son of Flubber" and other TV shows like Dobie Gilles and Westinghouse Playhouse.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back