Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Spirit 27T footroom

ellis8500

Just got my Spirit 27T body and have been setting the location for the steering column. Noticed that there is not really enough room between the column and the interior side panel for my foot. Might fit but would be real tight. I was thinking that I could gain about 1-1/2" of additional side space if I were to cut out the interior panel at the door pillar and floor line; then push it back until it contacts the body shell and glass it all in real nice. Then fill any gaps and make new fillets with bondo. Anybody have any thoughts about this? I don't think it would be a structural issue since all the existing material is still there plus a bit more.

Just got my Spirit 27T body and have been setting the location for the steering column. Noticed that there is not really enough room between the column and the interior side panel for my foot. Might fit but would be real tight. I was thinking that I could gain about 1-1/2" of additional side space if I were to cut out the interior panel at the door pillar and floor line; then push it back until it contacts the body shell and glass it all in real nice. Then fill any gaps and make new fillets with bondo. Anybody have any thoughts about this? I don't think it would be a structural issue since all the existing material is still there plus a bit more.
:spank: Pictures, we need pictures for visualization. Also is this body on the chassis yet? And is this chassis a Spirit chassis w/ Vega cross steering? Or a Corvair set up?

Inquiring minds want to know. John

Is the body on a Spirit chassis. If it is there should be space. You might want to give us a call. 1-888-tbucket

Yes, the body is on a Spirit chassis. As I mentioned, the distance between the column and the left side kick panel is only a few inches. I'm using a Vega steering box. I'll have to wait until I get the column installed to see how it will really be. For now, just thinking of things I might do to add some room if I need it. Otherwise, it's just been do darn hot to do much in the garage.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back