Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

T Bucket fan from across the water.

Maurice Takoor

Hi there, been a member of T bucket websites before but got lured back in by references to Leg Show on the NSRA (UK) website forum. I have owned two T buckets in the past but have now been lured to the dark side by getting a '26 Doctor's Coupe!!! I blame it on advancing years & fear of not being able to climb over the sides any more, so doors, wind up windows & a solid roof seem a lot more user-friendly!! My initials are M R T so guess what my nickname has been for ages(?), yep you guessed it, MisteR Tee! There are lots of pics of my cars over on FB, just google my name, in the fullness of time I will post some on here but for now, thanks for letting me in.

Maurice.
Is that really you, after ll these years......

By the way I've got some rusty wheel nuts.

Welcome, MRT! Any friend of Gerry's is a friend of ours, regardless of which side of the road you choose to drive on! :confused::rolleyes:

1 a.jpg

Maurice.
Is that really you, after ll these years......

By the way I've got some rusty wheel nuts.
Hi Gerry, how the devil are you? You finished that car yet? Says the man with a 10 year rebuild still not finished!!! Hmm, think I know someone who could help you with some more wheel nuts!!!

After you have 10 posts, you'll get an "Upload File" button between the Post Reply and More Options buttons.

Sometimes that's been a bit iffy, and often a small donation speeds things along.

It's not supposed to work like that, but none-the-less, it often does.

I'm goodish. Got COPD... Huh, its a bummer but manageable.
You remember John my build buddy for over 40 years, well he died some time ago and it completely flattened any enthusiasm I had for the T.

His son now has the 24 Tourer and he is pestering me about the Fad, but so far to no avail.

You must be getting to the point of most on here.... old and grumpy?

Be warned guys, Maurice,s cars are second to none and can stand and in a lot of cases surpass the best from anywhere in the world.

G

After you have 10 posts, you'll get an "Upload File" button between the Post Reply and More Options buttons.

Sometimes that's been a bit iffy, and often a small donation speeds things along.

It's not supposed to work like that, but none-the-less, it often does.
Ah ok, should have guessed as much, thanks.

I'm goodish. Got COPD... Huh, its a bummer but manageable.
You remember John my build buddy for over 40 years, well he died some time ago and it completely flattened any enthusiasm I had for the T.

His son now has the 24 Tourer and he is pestering me about the Fad, but so far to no avail.

You must be getting to the point of most on here.... old and grumpy?

Be warned guys, Maurice,s cars are second to none and can stand and in a lot of cases surpass the best from anywhere in the world.

G
Oh that's not good Gerry, keep safe mate. I think I do, probably saw him at the shows with you, sorry to hear that. I've found that enthusiasm can fade & then reappear, just needs a spur to re-ignite the flame.
I'm way past old & grumpy now, but still managing to do stuff. Having moved down to the South Coast to a detached house with a huge garden, I built another double garage (yes, it already had one!) & have been creating a workshop where I can work on the car & my dragster. The car is still up near my old house in my buddy's workshop where it's been for the last 10+ years but it should be ready to come down here so I can finish it off.
You're too kind Gerry, this one will be all new underneath but will hardly look any different apart from new wheels & a visible IFS!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back