Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Tail lights

Johnny

Question for wiring experts. I am using Rebel Wire harness. It has wires for running lights and turn signal lights. I do not see wires for brake lights. Are the brake likes activated by brake light switch going through turn signal circuit?? Also, my rear lights have 4 wires. Running, Turn, Brake and Ground. Do I wire turn signal wire and brake light wire together with turn signal wire on harness???

Everything else with this harness looks easy, but the rear lights have me a little cornfused! It would make more sense to me if I had some brake wires going to the rear.

HELP!

Thanks, Guys

It might make a difference depending on which turn signal switch you're running ,but most pre-third brakelite harnesses run stop/turn on the same wire.
dave

If you go to the TECH ARTICLES in the Forums and check out the one on "T-Bucket Electrical", there are prints that will answer your question.

Jim

Just follow the Rebel instructions. You will only run the 3 wires back to your taillights. Left, right turn and running lights.

I thought it kinda weird as well, but if you wire up the brake switch the way it is in the directions, all will work just fine.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back