Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

TH350 questions

Donmon

I just got my T running and went for the first putt around the block. The tranny didnt seem to shift in "Drive" but manually clicking up it did. I dont have a detent cable and have not hooked up the vacuum line to the back of the trans, I am not very familiar with these transmissions. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

-Don

Hi
The vac pipe is essential. You must connect this up. Also dont make the mistake of running without the kickdown cable. It also has input to the preassures
Gerry

Hi
The vac pipe is essential. You must connect this up. Also dont make the mistake of running without the kickdown cable. It also has input to the preassures
Gerry

Thanks Gerry, I will hook up the vac line today. I thought the kick down or detent cable was for WOT and passing, I could do without that, what are the reasons for hooking it up, and does anyone have a pic of a clean cable set up? I am shooting for the old hot rod look, so I was trying to keep things to a minimum.

Thanks Gerry, I will hook up the vac line today. I thought the kick down or detent cable was for WOT and passing, I could do without that, what are the reasons for hooking it up, and does anyone have a pic of a clean cable set up? I am shooting for the old hot rod look, so I was trying to keep things to a minimum.
This is what mine looks like it is Lokar.
lokib7.jpg

Pretty much the same set up as Putz but a little older.

41810017.jpg

Hi
The KD cable is an input to the gearbox. You can run without one and the trans will go down a gear on its own, but I would say put it on. Adjustment is a little bit fiddly, soget a trans shop to help you out if your not sure.
Gerry

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back