Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Tire selection advice- low pro or no?

baddawgcustoms

I finally got my Gennie wheels in a couple days ago, and went with a 255 70 15 on 8" rims for the rear, and have 5" x 15" rims for the front. My intentions were to run 185 60 15 eagles on the front. A local hot rod shop that is setting up my dif for me advised against running 60 series tires up front due to the stiffness of the buggy spring setup on the front. His opinion was that a much better ride would be had with something along the lines of the firestone f560 in a 165 and said it was a much softer ride. I tend to agree but thought I would throw it out there to get any first hand experience. I really plan on driving this car a lot, and I really want it to be as soft a ride as it can be. As there is a little difference in tire height between the two, I have to decide the drop on my front spring perch so RPM can get to work on my frame. I've decided to use the frame I built on another project so Ron will be hooking me up soon with a frame built to my specs. Thanks.

Just waiting on the specs. :)
I finally got the rear wheels/tires bolted on last night and tucked the rear end up close to the body where I want it and they clear by about 2" so I'm good there. That was by biggest holdup. With the stretch cowl I'm trying to shorten up the wheel base as much as possible with the rear up close and a tight engine compartment as well. I'm almost done now! :thumbsup:

I am running 135x15 radials up front on Billet Specialties 4" rims. On the back i am running Mickey Thompson 33x22x15 street radials on Billet Specialties 15" wide rims .Powered by a 427 dual quad big block ford fe engine. I like the big and little look.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back