Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

tool Question Craftsman AND Snap On TIG welder conversion units

I just picked up a Craftsman hi frequence tig unit that is used as an attachment for another welder .The welding power comes from a stick or mig welder the unit is about 10 years old buit hardly used at all.Has anyone here used one I'm looking for manuals etc. for this machine or atleast copies sears only has a parts schematic .The price was right less than the cost of the Lindfe tig torch itself.This will be a fill in till I can buy a dedicated Tig machine.
I am also looking for a tig unit for my Snap on MM250 mig machine they make a tig kit for it but the only Snap On guy I know says Snap On no longer sells the kits.Any help with either of these machines would be greatly appreciated

snap-on sold weldors that were made by eather C.K.SYSTEMATIC. in exton pa.or CENTURY. century is the same company that makes battery chargers. eather one of these companys might be able to help you. with the model no of mm230 my guess is its a century. hope this helps :D

i would take the unit to your local welding supply place and show it to them, they can probably help you out.. maybe not with manuals. but atleast show you something about it... some of those old add on units were quite good ,, you might not need to buy a dedicated tig machine after you get it going..

that caftsman tig unit should work on your snap-on mig, the way i understand the add on units , is you just hook them to where your welding leads hook up inside the welder.. is the cradtsman add-on dc only?

Brucer said:
i would take the unit to your local welding supply place and show it to them, they can probably help you out.. maybe not with manuals. but atleast show you something about it... some of those old add on units were quite good ,, you might not need to buy a dedicated tig machine after you get it going..

that caftsman tig unit should work on your snap-on mig, the way i understand the add on units , is you just hook them to where your welding leads hook up inside the welder.. is the cradtsman add-on dc only?
I don't have the Craftsman unit home yet the only things I know for sure about it right now is that it can be powered from any welder.It does not have nor do I see a place to add an amp control like a finger wheel or foot switch so I'm just guessing at this point it is scratch start I have welders to run this off of !a Mac Tools 110 mig(Astro) an Airco Buzy Bee 180 stick and the Snap On MM250 I'm figuring on using the Airco for power since it has infinite adjustments from 40 to 180 amps its a reostat crank so I can go 1 amp at a time if I need to.The 2 local weld supply shops here I can deal with are usless unless it's a brand name they deal it cost me 150$ to find out the Snap On had a bad wire feed circuit board and then tell me they could not locate one ! I called Snap on in Boston and had one in the mail the next day along with a PDF of the manual emailed as well.Took all of 2 minutes to swap the board it's plug and play.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back