Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Trans kick down

sstock

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I just picked up a nice TH350 trans. The guy was running it in a 42 Chev. PU without the trans kick down. I'm thinking if he didn't need it, why would I need it on a light bucket, especially with the shifter right on my right hand.
What do you guys think? I really would not like to see another cable on top of the motor, I want to keep it as clean as possible?

Thanks in advance

Steve

I just picked up a nice TH350 trans. The guy was running it in a 42 Chev. PU without the trans kick down. I'm thinking if he didn't need it, why would I need it on a light bucket, especially with the shifter right on my right hand.
What do you guys think? I really would not like to see another cable on top of the motor, I want to keep it as clean as possible?

Thanks in advance

Steve
Being a Ford guy i dont know about the 350 trans.I have a c-4 tranny in mine and my trans guy told me its not needed because of the weight of the car.Believe me when i put my foot in it it halls balls no matter what gear i'm in.

I think it's just personal preference (imagine that!). I have one with the kick down hooked up and one without, and both work just fine.

Jeff

Thanks in advance

Steve

I was told that it was needed because it not only forced the downshift but it also controls pressure. That was from the local transmission shop that re-built my TH350.

I was told that it was needed because it not only forced the downshift but it also controls pressure. That was from the local transmission shop that re-built my TH350.
I was wrong. The car I have without a kick down has a 400 trans, a 350 does need one just as GT63 said.

I've been running my TH350 without kick down linkage for years with no problems.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back