Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Turn signal indicators vs. direct sunlight

Rooster
If you have a digital camera you can "scan" by photographing the picture. I do this a lot because I know how to work my camera, I get a file I can manipulate, and I dont have to figure out another piece of stuff!:razz:
I usually set the picture up virtically in open shade and shoot.

Clean looking installation. Have you thought about taking some stainless or aluminum tubing and making some small visors to cover the top of them so you can still see them but shields direct sunlight from them? You can still see them and the sun would have to be very low in the sky to shine directly on them and if you use this type material to make them out of it is easily polished or brushed to put a finished look on them, Eddie :cool:

Lee_in_KC said:
Actually, I think it's the screw that holds the turn signal stalk down to the steering wheel hub. Mine flops around a bit. I think the screw has backed off.
Well, I pulled the steering wheel hub off today, and the screw holding the stalk to the turn signal chingadera had indeed backed off. Tightened it up and the self-cancel works as advertised.

You might want to check that "nut" holding the steering wheel too, Lee. LOL

Jim

Very funny, Jim. You better watch out, cuz someday my 5 foot 10 azz is gonna come down there and kick your 6 foot 4 butt....... ummm, wait, there's something wrong with this picture.......

He actually ment the NUT behind the wheel. Has a screw loose.:D

Lee_in_KC said:
Well, I pulled the steering wheel hub off today, and the screw holding the stalk to the turn signal chingadera had indeed backed off. Tightened it up and the self-cancel works as advertised.
Did I motivate you to fix them? I am just putzing around.Went on a cruise today and got caught in the rain.Whiiped into a friends driveway they let me in there garage till the rain quit.

I went to Hooters Cancer sucks car show and took my bucket. Spent the better part of the day getting FRIED by the sun. Now i look like a tomato with a sunburn.

That 55 Gasser I have has LEDs for indicator lights in the Aluminum dash insert I made...........I bought some really small hinges and mounted a extremely small piece of dark smoked plexiglass on the hinge, just above the indicators..........at night.....I just flip the plexiglass down and it makes the LEDs manageable.............:cool:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back