Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Turn signal indicators vs. direct sunlight

Lee_in_KC

I have LED indicators and I cannot see them flashing in direct sunlight. Anybody have indicators they like that are visible in sunlight?

My buddy sells a new headlight thet has the whole diameter incircled by leds yellow or white and they work very well. also you can replace that small single led lamp with a 3 lamp led bulb and its quite a bit briter. Their is also the headlamp with the lower 20% thats amber with a std lamp and it works great just a bit pricey for me. My friend is a retailer for all that hotrod LED stuff i will ask him tonight how much those new headlights cost.

sorry. my indicators self cancel so i dont need lights

Well mine is supposed to self-cancel, but it doesn't always for some reason and I look like a doofus driving down the road for five miles with my signal flashing! :eek: I'm pretty good about checking the indicators right after the turn, but with the sun on the dash, I can't see the indicator flashing.

Jc Whitney has musical flashers.You can get rlvis and a couple other songs.Just a thought.Prolly couldnt hear them anyway though.

If your directionals don't cancel either steering whell is not straght or you have a broken spring in your directional switch. I used on my old dash super bright LED'S from Radio Shack.But at night they are really bright.

putz said:
If your directionals don't cancel either steering whell is not straght or you have a broken spring in your directional switch
Actually, I think it's the screw that holds the turn signal stalk down to the steering wheel hub. Mine flops around a bit. I think the screw has backed off. Been too lazy to pull the wheel hub off the steering shaft... bit of a chore as you know.

I'm talkin'bout the green indicators...

DashCarrier007.jpg

Ace feed your blinker power from the column through 2 N/C 12 volt relays and also feed it through the n/o contact on the same relays also but with a resistor in the circuit of the n/o. Then add a wire from your headlights so the relay will be energised when the headlights are on and the new power feeding your blinker circuit will have a resistor in it when the headlights are on. Then when the headlights are off the relay is open and now the blinker is fed from the full 12 volt circuit through the relay.The 2 feeds should come from the two wires that feed your two turn signal lamps.

Reread Roosters' post. He gives you a solution for, "too bright at night", indicators.

Jim

Junk i am not the best at splaining stuff. I wish i had a wiring schematic drawing software. A free version since all my drawing is for fun. i think some of these guys are more visual and a drawing would make more sense for some guys. I Think

Ace send me you email address and i will send you a word drawing of this circuit i cant seem to up load it here for some reason.:eek:

Hey Rooster, I make a sketch on paper then I scan it and then put it in Photobucket. I then down load that to the Forum page. That is about the max of my technical ability.

Jim

We dont even have a scanner anymore. The last garage sale we sold it for 5 bucks.:eek:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back