Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Upgrade Special for DynoSim 5 to Dynomation 6

Since I'm also using the Brodix IK200 aluminum heads, I also ready had the flow numbers.
Otherwise that would also be an unknown parameter and reduce the confidence in the results
posted.

Honestly , I'm really pleased with the results....what would happen if we took off the TR and replaced it with a Wieand stealth ( the good one from 20 years ago) and. 750 holley ( I have them ) ? Is there a timing curve and settings involved ??

Sim03 is run with the Weiand Stealth intake manifold and 750 cfm carburetor.

It's not an obvious choice for me when given just a intake manifold model. I have four choices
to pick from, Sim03 is run with the Standard Flow option for dual plane manifolds. There are two
more options that flow more. If I go with the next one above Standard Flow, the High Flow, the
difference is about another 10-15 HP, not earth shaddering.

The HP, Torque and RPM scales are the same for every sim posted so far.
Sim03_StealthDualPlane750cfm.JPG

Below is information about the assumptions that Dynomation is using.

>>> Sim03_StealthDualPlane750cfm.dxml <<<
Filling/Emptying Wave-Assisted Model Run ----------------------------------------
Approximate Intake Dimensions Used In FE Simulation ----------------------
Intake Port Minimum Port Area: 1.67 Sqin, 42.4 Sqmm
Intake Port Maximum Port Area: 4.20 Sqin, 106.8 Sqmm
Intake Runner Length: 14.00 In, 355.6 mm
Approximate Exhaust Dimensions Used In FE Simulation ----------------------
Exhaust Port Minimum Port Area: 1.34 Sqin, 34.1 Sqmm
Prmary Length: 38.30 In, 972.8 mm
Prmary Diameter: 1.76 In, 44.7 mm
First Collector Length: 16.60 In, 421.6 mm
First Collector DIamater: 3.25 In, 82.5 mm
Number of integration cycles run for convergence: 2
Simulation elapsed time: 78:920 ms

First , thank you ! That's about what I expected, I know the heads don't really start flowing till .500 lift , so I'm guessing in order to see any " real" gains , I'd have to go with a hydraulic roller for lift and duration , somewhere in the 250 @ . .050 and .600 lift ...

First , thank you ! That's about what I expected, I know the heads don't really start flowing till .500 lift , so I'm guessing in order to see any " real" gains , I'd have to go with a hydraulic roller for lift and duration , somewhere in the 250 @ . .050 and .600 lift ...

That would be a pretty aggressive cam, even for a 383, and push your most useful rpm range up considerably, what stall converter are you running?

In my day , no self respecting drag racer would be caught dead with a converter, almost as bad on the street ( although not having to shift on a date did have its perks , but, depending on the girl , sometimes shifting did too !!)...

In my day , no self respecting drag racer would be caught dead with a converter, almost as bad on the street ( although not having to shift on a date did have its perks , but, depending on the girl , sometimes shifting did too !!)...

Amen to that! Whoops, my hand slipped while shifting into 4th.

I remember my dad's 57 Chevy with bench seats. There were a couple of good right hand turns you could take at speed, which we used to refer to as "slide-over, date" corners! :rolleyes::laugh:

I remember my dad's 57 Chevy with bench seats. There were a couple of good right hand turns you could take at speed, which we used to refer to as "slide-over, date" corners! :rolleyes::laugh:

They were called SOB's (slide over baby) by most of the guys I dated, . . . back in the day

Looks like we all have many very fond memories of our youth. . . . . . Many of which were related to automobiles.

Spanky I know where a couple of those curves are...……..I also had a Ford Pickup that had a 4 speed trans with a long shift lever that was bent in just the right way, the dates always sat in the middle of that bench seat...... I guess I had better stop there...…..LOL....

They were called SOB's (slide over baby) by most of the guys I dated, . . . back in the day

Looks like we all have many very fond memories of our youth. . . . . . Many of which were related to automobiles.
That's how I remember them. SOB's.

I had a ‘48 Ford with a big lead 8 ball shift knob. All I had to do for 3rd gear shift was push in the clutch and the weight of the ball would put it in gear. Haven’t thought about that in years.

Sim03 is run with the Weiand Stealth intake manifold and 750 cfm carburetor.

It's not an obvious choice for me when given just a intake manifold model. I have four choices
to pick from, Sim03 is run with the Standard Flow option for dual plane manifolds. There are two
more options that flow more. If I go with the next one above Standard Flow, the High Flow, the
difference is about another 10-15 HP, not earth shaddering.

The HP, Torque and RPM scales are the same for every sim posted so far.
View attachment 15704

Below is information about the assumptions that Dynomation is using.

>>> Sim03_StealthDualPlane750cfm.dxml <<<
Filling/Emptying Wave-Assisted Model Run ----------------------------------------
Approximate Intake Dimensions Used In FE Simulation ----------------------
Intake Port Minimum Port Area: 1.67 Sqin, 42.4 Sqmm
Intake Port Maximum Port Area: 4.20 Sqin, 106.8 Sqmm
Intake Runner Length: 14.00 In, 355.6 mm
Approximate Exhaust Dimensions Used In FE Simulation ----------------------
Exhaust Port Minimum Port Area: 1.34 Sqin, 34.1 Sqmm
Prmary Length: 38.30 In, 972.8 mm
Prmary Diameter: 1.76 In, 44.7 mm
First Collector Length: 16.60 In, 421.6 mm
First Collector DIamater: 3.25 In, 82.5 mm
Number of integration cycles run for convergence: 2
Simulation elapsed time: 78:920 ms
Back to this , after some thinking , I'm surprised that the dual plane didn't make more power earlier in the rpm range than the TR , conventional wisdom says you loose bottom end grunt with a TR , doesn't appear to be the case here??

Where I came from they were known a COD, "Come Over Dear".

Jim

I'm surprised that the dual plane didn't make more power earlier in the rpm range than the TR , conventional wisdom says you loose bottom end grunt with a TR , doesn't appear to be the case here??
Keep in mind that it's a Street tunnel ram manifold that you have and is rated for 3500-7500 rpm. It's
big brother, the Victor Ram for the SBC is rated for 6500-10,000 rpm.

Hell, thought she helped you steer because it didn't have power steering and she loved playing with the shiffter to get it into high gear !! :D:D

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back