Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

What radiator are you using ?

KPoole9008

I have seen several T Buckets with a the top fill tube in the center of the radiator and a chrome radiator shell. I like the way they look. What type of radiator and shell are being used and where can I find them. Thanks.

I have seen several T Buckets with a the top fill tube in the center of the radiator and a chrome radiator shell. I like the way they look. What type of radiator and shell are being used and where can I find them. Thanks.

Your post is very timeley, Go back on the portal a few threads back and look at the thread that Wellbaum's started about radiator shells. There are some good tips on rad. selection that I bet that you will like!

I went back and reread the thread as you suggested. While it is very interesting it didn't answer my question. I looked at both radiators online and neither has the center fill. They both are setup for a Ford engine. I will be running a SBC. Thanks

look into '65 mustangs, center fill and they work well with a sbc.
3 row v-8 is about $135.00 at napa.

look into '65 mustangs, center fill and they work well with a sbc.
3 row v-8 is about $135.00 at napa.
Ooops, I think I goofed on mine. Bought a '66 Mustang rad from Auto Zone and didn't realize that the fill cap was off center. Looks like I'll have to unload it and get the center fill.

The Walker and Walker Cobra Z radiator both have the dummy fill neck on them.

you need to change the upper housing.just noticed my filler is not
centered,sorry
100_0104.jpg

I am set to order a radiator from Speedway. Their part # is 917-34227. I need a chrome shell for the radiator. I have searched the internet until my eyes hurt and can't seem to find what I need. I can use a fiberglass shell if I have to, but would really like to find a chrome one. If anyone has info on where I can find what I need, I would appreciate the help. Thanks

using a 90 degree thormostat housing that turns works well.that way it can be turned to
point to the direction that is needed for the upper hose

As long as you're ordering a radiator from Speedway, you might check on this while you're at it to see if they have any left. I have one of these I'll be using after I get it chrome plated.

Speedway T shell

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back