Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Where have I Been? Putting my top on.

Got my top back yesterday from getting it altered a little bit. I cut the fabric from a late model firebird. The side window openings needed to be altered a little since my windshield is narrower, but fit on pretty decent. I thought this style would look better on this car than the traditional style T top. Oh yea, also got my Cal-Custom valve covers on. :smile:
top003.jpg

top005.jpg

top007.jpg

Got my turnbuckles done for the front of the top. Found stainless steel binders at Harbor Freight and made some flat hooks for the ends. Also scored a heater that a buddy found.
top015.jpg

top022.jpg

top019.jpg

top021.jpg

Cool, that looks great :eek:k:

Love to see a pic with you sitting inside, looks like your head would want to stick out the rear window?? Makes your T look real nasty... :)
Funny you should mention that. If I'm backing out of the driveway, I can stretch my head back far enough to look both ways out the rear window but my head doesn't really sit out the rear window as I sit normally. I made an aluminum piece to support the opening above the rear window since the picture was taken. I'd like to make a pocket to slide a piece of lexan into the back yet.

Looks like its gonna eat you up. Love to see it in a rear view.
Gerry

Went to the Hunnert Car Pileup this weekend in Decatur, Il. It was a blast with MANY nostalgic cars. Mine was "vintage" enough to get in, but I still have improvements in mind. The drive home was a blast, me and a freind in the gray model A pictured were playing a little on the interstate the whole trip.
23-1.jpg

Went to the Hunnert Car Pileup this weekend in Decatur, Il. It was a blast with MANY nostalgic cars. Mine was "vintage" enough to get in, but I still have improvements in mind. The drive home was a blast, me and a freind in the gray model A pictured were playing a little on the interstate the whole trip.
23-1.jpg

playing a little on the interstate the whole trip.

I hope that means you stayed within the limits of the speed restrictions etc etc.LOL
G

playing a little on the interstate the whole trip.

I hope that means you stayed within the limits of the speed restrictions etc etc.LOL
G
Not exactly, 80mph most of the way with awnry spurts of 100+. The car handled solidly the whole time. We had two other cars on the trip to the show, and we were more concerned about staying together. One of the cars was a 32 3 window, and he was trying to keep his rpm's down so oil wouldn't spit out of the valve cover breather. The black Coupe next to his in the pic was with us too. Mine was doing the same thing at high RPM's, spatting specs of oil onto the windshield the whole time. I made a baffle to fit inside my oil fill tube yesterday. lol. Oh, and the top never acted like it was going to blow off. :thumb:
32.jpg

Sound like you fella's were have some fun,that's for sure. Absolutely love the 4 carb manifold on the model A,so when your friend isn't looking,can you whip it off and post it down to me please. :hyper: Also that '36 coupe just has to be the neatest looking rod, is it SBC powered or still got the flatty in it,oh while the owners isn't looking either, Oh heck now I'm getting greedy. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Some shots a buddy got as he caught us on the way home.
a23-31.jpg

a23-1.jpg

Give Ted an idea where our heads are in the car. lol.
a23-2.jpg

Couple more shots, he caught up to my freind in the A too. I was just trying to see through the oil on my windshield.
a23-3.jpg

aNate-1.jpg

aNate-2.jpg

Top looks good, kinda Porsche Speedster like. Are you thinking side curtains?

John
I was thinking about them at 6:00 Saturday morning, but I don't think I'll ever get around to it. I did put a heater in it though, which of course, needs the core repaired before I can use it.
top021.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back