Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Wire disconnects

Johnny

I am trying to make my wiring harness easy to disconnect from the body. I know I will have to take body off for painting and I don't want to have to cut wires when I do this. Any good ideas? I used a trailer connector on the rear wiring, but that was only 4 wires. Should I use a few trailer connectors on the front wiring or something else?
Ideas, please.
Thanks

I have used a terminal strip from Radio Shack. Get a number set from electrical supply (wrap-around style is what I used).

Thanks, guys. All great ideas. There are a few really large wires (10ga.) Can these connectors handle them without getting too hot? Don't want melted plugs.
Thanks

Anybody ever seen a reasonably priced crimp pliers for the weather pack connectors?

The 22 pin connector will take 12 gauge wires. I'm not sure if there is a terminal for 10 gauge wire. Can't find one online.

Yes your right, weather pack is a two stage crimp... they don't however need to be done at the same time. First you crimp the plug onto the wire.. then you crimp the seal into place. those pliers will do just fine. In fact this same tool was supplied to my company by Weatherpack when I ordered all the plugs for a AT&T and State of CT order.
Here this is even a better deal, it come with the extractor tool...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back