Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

youngster frame

ram rod2

I would like to know if any one has built the youngster frame from the plans that he provides? I have a few questions. mas racing seemes to be defunked. I need to know were I can get the front axle and its length? I assume its 48"? also the rear end calls for a maverick rear end what year and length? is this rear end centered? thank you.

check out Ron Pope at RPM (see ad link above). He makes the axles and has a bracket package for these plans. He also has bodies, gas tanks, etc

I used a '79 merc. monarch rearend [ford granada is the same] , they are 8" pumpkin style units & narrow enough for a T...

dave

Yes, I've built 2 frames as per Youngsters design, and they work. You can get all your brackets and front end thru Ron@ RPM. Mavricks/Falcons work, along with S10/Ranger rears. I prefer the trucks, they are heavier built. Early model Broncos work perfectly if you find one laying around, and I don't care what you run, you can't tear it up.

I built my frame from Youngster's plan, with those tapered main rails. The only thing different is the Model A rear crossmember. Bought my body from Cromwell Moulding in Paynesville MN, he's the guy that built them for MAS before they went under, think I paid $225 but I had to pick it up. I've got a '72 Maverick rear and it is offset.
9 Frame.JPG10 Front spring perch.JPG016.JPG002 - Copy.JPG

You guys are killing me! I am having second thoughts about building a youngster frame. after going to RPM and seeing how cheap their frame is dont know if what I save building the youngster frame is worth the trouble? welding and fabing is not a problem. I am a goverment certified welder for 35 years. but am thinking that being the first time out that I may be better off buying a frame and save the youngster for my second project? still up in the air!!!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back