Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

1923 Custom C-cab

Lonestar

What's up all?

Well, this is where I'll be posting as I build my bucket but first a little history behind it. This Bucket has been in my family since the early 2000's. The car was bought just as it sits when I got it. My Step-Dad and mom got into the T-buckets around 1997-98 and are probably most know for the T-Buckets they owned, Repo-T and Liber-T. My step dad bought the C cab because he thought the set up was interesting and had never seen another done this way. He had plans for a full restore but it just never came to be. So the poor C-cab sat for years. It traded hands a few times among his family but the car always came back and sat under a lean-to for the last 5 fives.

So fast forward to this year and now my parents are getting out of the car scene all together. They are selling off most of their cars and hot rods, only keeping a one or two, when one day my step dad gives me a call and asks me to come over. So when I do we get to talking and says to me he's giving the C-cab to me with the only catch is that I keep it in a garage. No problems there!

So time for me to take her home. That was a fun drive. :) She still runs strong and drives, just needs a lot of loving which I've already started to give. I do not know the full specs of this Bucket, only it's a 383 with a turbo 350 behind it. I'd love to know the history behind this bucket and who built it, maybe someone here knows this car? Let me know! I'll get pics up when I get 10 posts... ><

IMAG1000_zps0c417b89.jpg

thingstosale002_zps77297930.jpg

thingstosale003_zps33f6ad61.jpg

thingstosale001_zps9e01c5a9.jpg

Ah, at last, pic's for you! Anywho, these pic's were taken before I got hold of the C-cab. I've removed the interior, replaced all the wiring with Painless and rear tires. The Cab is running again but still needs some work. The areas I'm focusing on is getting carpet back in and then working on the brakes. There is a lot I want to change and update but will come with time. I'll post more tomorrow.

COOL ride!! I really like the bed and the way the pleats run in the upholstery. I think that will make the side of the ride look longer on the inside. I bet that thing will scoot on down the road. Good Luck with the rebuild and keep the pics coming. :)

Thank ya! So anyways, I get her home. My Wife tells me that the brake lights are not working right on the way home. Next I take the car to work and off peak time, I was able to pull it in and start going over what need to do. Sure enough, my brake don't work but my tail lights do. Pull the light bulbs, they are good. Pulls the dash gauges out...what a mess!!! Wires everywhere! Hated it. So, hit up Speedway Motors and order me a new Painless Wiring harness. Why, because I hate fixing someone else wiring job!

So I pull her into her new spot and get to work. I pulled the scoop, headlights, and all four tires once she is on stands. Now it was bad enough she sat out side for a long time but worse was all the rats that had made their home in the cab of my bucket. Carpet was nasty...so yeah, pull both of the side panels and start ripping out that old funky carpet.

IMAG1005_zps20611369.jpg

IMAG1006_zpsa4f81159.jpg

Getting the carpet out was not that hard but it was stapled down...a lot of dirt came out to, UGH!

IMAG1034_zpsfc0a1e29.jpg

So nasty but it's gone and going to replace it with nice, plush black carpet! Once the carpet was out, I found that gray heat shield under the carpet.

IMAG1031_zps6a0f9d8d.jpg

So then I remove the dash which is just a wooden panel held in by two bolts.

IMAG1019_zpsc87fc056.jpg

IMAG1022_zps014da88b.jpg

Peel that sucker off and find this behind it....

IMAG1021_zps18266ab3.jpg

IMAG1020_zps0de3a2d4.jpg

Nice...a rat's nest of wires, lovely. I hate wiring like this. The headlight switch arced on my when I pulled the dash out. Fun!

IMAG1035_zpsdccd0239.jpg

So anyone, Time to start yanking out all the wiring and the grey mat that was under the carpet. I left the MSD box and wires to that alone, it was good and staying! So when I pull the grey mat out, I find this for a trans tunnel....

IMAG1029_zpsb36eec31.jpg

IMAG1030_zps79e7c5a1.jpg

It was made out of an old race car! I think I'm going to keep it in. I wish I knew who built this car, I love to know how it was built before hand. That's it for now but more later.

Great work and cool ride! I guess he figured using old race car sheet metal might make it faster? lol Nothing wrong with recycling...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back