Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

27 posts on 23t

T-Buckeye

Has anyone installed 27 windshied posts on their 23 t bucket? I seen ex junk's and thought it looked great. Has anyone else done this, and if so, how involved was it to do it?

T-Buckeye, the cowl on my car is not a regular '23 - '25 style cowl. When we made the body, we extended the front of the body 6'' to accommodate my long legs. In so doing, we decided to make it resemble the '26 - '27 style cowl. (Since the car is registered as a '25, I have jokingly told people that it is a '26 prototype when they ask about the car.)

Myself, I would be curious to see how the '26 - '27 style posts would fit a stock '23 - '25 style cowl. I really believe that there would need to be some serious reconfiguration of the corners of the cowl where the posts are mounted. The earlier corners are rather squared off whereas the later posts require a more rounded corner. This is not to say that it can't be done. I only want to make you aware of what you will need to do in order to make them work.

Jim

Thanks for your insight. With the posts being made of aluminum, it makes me wonder if it isn't easier to do the modifications to the mounting face of the posts. But, either way your windsheild is the inspiration for me to figure a way to run a 27 windsheild on the 23t (without making it look like a backyard hack job).

Another one you might give somethought to is the '24 type post. It's raked back 12 degrees. The top window frame is fairly easy to find on e-bay. Two of them spliced together would make a one panel frame. I'll see if i can find a pic of the Winfield T. He used one and it looks great.

Ron

can't seem to find a pic of the Winfield roadster right now. tfeverfred posted it once. any way here is a pic of an un-modified one.

Enlarge this pictureSelect a picture
af0b_12.JPG

Ron, would this be the posts that you are referring to? These are on my buddies T and he has a one piece glass.

Jim

IMG_2952.jpg

yup, those are the ones.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back