Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

49-54 speedway MR. Roadster Spindle help

TDitty

I bought the Speedway 49-54 mr roadster modified spindles speedway says they are a direct fit for the mustang II disc brake set up Which I also have but here is my problem the outer wheel bearing seems fine but the inner seems sloppy on the axle when using mustang II bearings does anyone know what inner bearing you use or is the slop normal (I am figuring no). I called speed way and of coourse the techs are only in mon-fri so no help there. I need some help here or I am gonna give speedy B a punch in the junk.
Russ

I bought the Speedway 49-54 mr roadster modified spindles speedway says they are a direct fit for the mustang II disc brake set up Which I also have but here is my problem the outer wheel bearing seems fine but the inner seems sloppy on the axle when using mustang II bearings does anyone know what inner bearing you use or is the slop normal (I am figuring no). I called speed way and of coourse the techs are only in mon-fri so no help there. I need some help here or I am gonna give speedy B a punch in the junk.
Russ

The od on the spindle inner is 1.25", I am not 100% sure on the Mustang rotor. I do know for sure that a Set # 6 fits the spindle. I hope that helps some.

Thanks Ron,
I actually made the parts store guy work I took the spindle and the rotor down there until we found some that fit it is a national (federal mogul, Moog) A-6. the rotor is a standard mustang II size the of course the inner is smaller they are from a 67 mustang. I went over the spindle with a little emery cloth and it fit like it grew there. Thanks for the help. Speedy B's junk is safe for another day. :good:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back