Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

chevy spindle/mustang ii bearings help

RatchetRob

Banned
I purchased the Chevy spindle and mustang in rotor that came from speedway. I called and asked for bearing numbers as races are pre-installed on the rotors from speedway. They gave me three ways to source these locally. Ask for OEM 1974-78 Ford Pinto Mustang II front wheel bearings or Set 12 outer Set 13 inner. Or part numbers L68149 & LM12749. These all are essentially the same things. The bearing fits rotor but does not spindle. Called back and ridiculed by tech guy cause I had asked sales instead of tech. Okay, just want correct numbers. He gave me TLM 1949 outer TS6 inner and seal S18565. NAPA nor Advance Auto can find these numbers. Can anyone help me get the correct bearing numbers along with seal? These are speedway parts as I have boxes and bills and have confirmed three times with speedway that these are theirs and numbers match. THANKS

Something must have changed w/speedway as I'm almost positive they furnished the correct bearing sets when I bought mine ... but that was 13 years ago ??????
dave

NAPA guy said he had to do some research and get back to me. Advance Auto tried the numbers and one came up as a fuel pump. Strange I will try a different location tomorrow. Thanks
Edit. Just to be clear which numbers are you saying is the correct ones?

The numbers given by speedway tech would not cross unless you take the "T" out and just use LM######. The TS6 bearing number did not cross. I had to search speedway site to find 912-TS6 which is their item number. On that page individual cup and cone numbers were listed LM67048 & LM 67010 and these numbers crossed to outer bearing number listed below.
The first number listed is numbers off receipt and are most likely just item numbers used by Advance.

Advance Auto Parts:
Seal 18444469N or National Wheel End Company # 482041N
Outer bearing 3275809 or National A-2
Inner bearing 3275973 or National A-6
Plain dust cap 5014727 or DOORMAN 13975

I bought my chevy spindles and ford rotors from RPM. Came with the proper bearings and the press-on sleeves needed when one uses ford rotors on chevy spindles.

I bought my chevy spindles and ford rotors from RPM. Came with the proper bearings and the press-on sleeves needed when one uses ford rotors on chevy spindles.

I am purchasing almost everything from Ron but found a guy on craigslist wanting to unload these rotors and spindles. At half price and in boxes could not pass but that is exactly why I want to use Ron. You can rest assured you get right parts. However I have not been told anything about press on sleeves by Speedway nor did Ron mention them. What are they? Or are you meaning bearing cups which come pressed in rotor.

I think my bucket came with the spindles/rotors being discussed here. If it helps, I've scanned the original installation instructions and placed them at the link below. This is a 2meg file, so I can't leave it up for too long. If you need it, grab it now. I believe it's the original instruction sheet from 10-12 years ago.

The Speedway part number no. that these instructions call out for the standard brake kit (916-31905) is still current, but the chrome version (916-31906) is no longer in the catalog. The number for the Speedway rotors (910-31010) is also no good. Note that it says the rotors come with bearings and seals, however, you're supposed to use the bearings and seals that come with the brake kit. It goes on to say that the outer bearings in both cases are the same, but that the inner bearings (from the brake kit) are "special."

http://jackandkelly.zenfolio.com/img/s5/v122/p258614614.jpg

Jack

The first number listed is numbers off receipt and are most likely just item numbers used by Advance.

Advance Auto Parts:
Seal 18444469N or National Wheel End Company # 482041N
Outer bearing 3275809 or National A-2
Inner bearing 3275973 or National A-6
Plain dust cap 5014727 or DOORMAN 13975

Is it certain that these are valid numbers for these parts? I'm interested in replacements also, just to have them on hand.

Jack

Is it certain that these are valid numbers for these parts? I'm interested in replacements also, just to have them on hand.

Jack

Yes I purchased them last night. Timken cross should be set 2 and set 6. The numbers above are from receipt and boxes I purchased.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back