Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

68 302 & 85 5.o 302

bobby6319

my brother in law's motor is toasted will his tunnel ram and dist. fit an 85 5.0 out of a ltd? we need to find this out before he buys it . Thanks

The tunnel ram and distributor will bolt on. I am not positive on the 85 LTD motor, but it may be a hydraulic roller motor. 85 Mustang 5.0L were roller motors. Not sure on the LTD. I am assuming you are changing the cam and lifters anyways so there should be no issues there. Please be aware that a factory hydraulic roller motor has a steel gear on the cam and you need to use either a bronze of steel gear on your distributor. The cast iron gear that come with almost all distributors will get eaten away by the steel cam gear, putting some nice metal shavings into the block.

Thanks, he has a new small hei and i think it has a steel gear when we pull the intake we will find out, not going to put a cam in until next winter.Thanks again

The other thing to consider is that the 302 is 28 oz imbalance and the 5.0l is 50 oz. What this means is you will need to use the balancer and flexplate from the 5.0l.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back