Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

A much needed dose of enthusiasm

LarryH

Since i couldn't figure out exactly what the master cylinder on my T-Bucket is i decided to just bite the bullet and change it out for a Wilwood master cylinder. I just wasn't looking forward to laying on my back underneath the thing long enough to figure out a new mounting bracket and bending up new brake lines. Seems like l always had some type of excuse. I'm working overtime. The wife wants to go out for dinner. My back hurts. My knee hurts. I'm tired. I need to feed the dog. The grandkids want to go swimming. I'm to old.

Well today i got a much needed dose of enthusiasm. I meet a couple of forum members, pinky-t and his wife, and deckofficer. Really nice people and a couple of great looking cars. After talking cars for awhile and checking out their cars i could see my lame excuse making just wasn't gonna cut it no mo'. I finally got off my lazy excuse making hind end and started working on the car. And yeah the ole back doesn't feel really super keen right now but, hey a muscle relaxer before bed time and i should be good to go tomorrow.

John it was good to meet you and the wife and i hope you had a nice drive back home.

Bob, i hope the rest of your trip went well.

Thanks for the much need dose of enthusiam guys.

Muscle relaxer is that like Captain and coke? Other rodders always give you motivation.

Mike said:
Ahhh, yes, another reminder of how much I enjoy this place. It's all about the people and we've got some guid yins. :)
I'll give an amen to that. ALOT of good people here. You guy's were my inspiration to keep building the T. I can't say much about the other though.

Larry,

It was good seeing you and John and that T of his is really pink. If he has traction issues, he chould call it the "Pink Slip". Glad to hear your fired up on the master cylinder. I was really amazed at my fuel mileage, 23 MPG on the first leg of the trip and 22 MPG with the Grapevine pull for the final leg of the trip. It is hard to imagine the 5 simple things increased mileage from 13-14 MPG to 22-23 MPG.

Glad to hear you have got that master cylinder under control. Kathy and I enjoyed our meet with you and Bob, hope we can do it again soon.:)

I figured out the mounting bracket yesterday but went to a family gathering so didn't get it built until today. Tomorrow i'll figure out the brake lines and see if my son can come over after work and help me bleed the brakes.

When you get the '37 going John i'll have to come take a look at it.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back