Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

ALL ELECTRIC T BUCKET

Seems that most of us bucket heads don't like the idea of electric cars. I agree but it's probably going to happen eventually. At my age I don't seem to be too worried about it happening across the board in my lifetime! If you think about it, California is already having problems supplying electricity to its residents. Where are they going to get enough power to charge all those electric cars? I'm sure the rest of the country is in the same boat, more or less. Maybe our kids or grandkids will be dealing with it at some point. I think I just heard that Vegas will be having totally autonomous taxi cabs moving people around. Imagine sitting in the back seat of one of those and something goes wrong and the car goes out of control. You're screwed! That's kind if digressing from the original topic, but are there any gas powered self driving cars?
The farmers are fighting solar farms because they absorb actual farm land. Electric is not the answer... partially, maybe, but not a replacement for fossil fuel.

Fletch, are you saying solar farms are covering farm land with solar panels? Just trying to understand.
I'm sticking my 2 cents in... Quite a few solar farms just to the west of where I live. Yep, They're covering crop land to do it.

I had forgot about the Gartlis electric dragster. So maybe I will be a little flexible on the subject. Having stated I would build a steam powered car I will modify that a bit. Might consider something along these lines in my next life. Just have to work on down sizing it a bit. All Aboard!
https://edisontechcenter.org/Dieseltrains.htm
AC Traction vs DC Traction - Greenville, South Carolina - Republic Locomotive
Interesting article. I didn't read it all but do understand (dang I hate getting kicked off) the concept. I worked for EMD division of GM right after trade school. (Kicked off 4 times now...must be the storms overhead. Tired of rewriting my reply fluidfloyd - maybe tomorrow...)

Is old farts won’t have to worry about that happening in our lifetime. You young bucketeers might have to face the music one day. But I think there’s still a lot of cars using gasoline on the road. Do you all remember some years back when you traded in your bester and they poured some crap down the carb to destroy the engine to make sure you’d never drive that thing again?

My state called them CLUNKERS. The state would pay the owner cash for each clunker. The clunkers would be towed to a designated auto wrecker where they were crushed.

That's how I got suckered into a 2009 mercury mariner 4cylinder.Cash 4 Clunkers!!! (can't imagine how much I've given to the gas companies due to that car!) My wife said I should trade my 2003 Windstar since it had 235k miles on it. The trans was starting to show signs of wear. Didn't want to spend the money for repair...(hindsight is 20-20) Windstar more guts better mileage. And it looked new, ex company car. Mariner - no guts and max 22mpg on highway. Still have it. It's my sort of truck. It's also the daily that I did the paint work on. Mariners and Escapes are known for the right rear wheel opening rotting out. I replace the metal and did the paint. I'll try to post a picture. I think the mazda engine is the reason it still runs. Bought a 2006 grand marquis last year 40K miles no rust Florida car. 8 cylinders and rear wheel drive..Ahhh..heaven! (and leather interior)
Did anyone see that Chrysler discontinued the challenger and chargers. They will now be all electric......

Cash 4 Clunkers! Thats what it was called. Imagine all the good engines that were destroyed because of that government campaign!
Many homeowners near me have solar panels on their roofs. Looks kind of ugly but at least it doesn’t eat up
open land!

When we are forced to have electric cars ,Washington is going to say "gee were not getting our money for the roads thru the gas tax anymore, so now we have to tax those electric cars so much per mile " that's when it's going to really hurt.

There’s already discussions about that and I think in some areas it’s already in place for electric cars. Somebody’s going to pay for the upkeep of the excellent roads we have

When we are forced to have electric cars ,Washington is going to say "gee were not getting our money for the roads thru the gas tax anymore, so now we have to tax those electric cars so much per mile " that's when it's going to really hurt.
They actually charge a surcharge on license plates on electric cars. Ohio.

Cash 4 Clunkers! Thats what it was called. Imagine all the good engines that were destroyed because of that government campaign!
Many homeowners near me have solar panels on their roofs. Looks kind of ugly but at least it doesn’t eat up
open land!
Many of them were not destroyed, they were exported overseas.

It's going to hurt when they decide to shut down the grid because they feel like it.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back