Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

ALL ELECTRIC T BUCKET

Several major car manufacturers are producing electric cars because the current government in power wants to do away with the internal combustion engine powered vehicles. Policies change with each new president. All of our current government laws could all be erased by the next future government. Big car manufacturers are prematurely jumping on the electric car bandwagon. November's midterm elections could undo everything. A president's term is 4 years long. Therefore ; things can change every 4 years.

2 facts remain: we have enough oil & gas resources within our borders to sustain fossil-fueled vehicles for the next millennium; it will be impossible for our existing power grid to support any significant number of electric vehicles with their charging stations.

Our power grids can't handle the extra power needed to run all our air conditioners during the hot summer days. Everyone in America has experienced what our local governments call " BROWN OUTS ". I guess brown outs sound better than " BLACK OUTS ". LOL !!

2 facts remain: we have enough oil & gas resources within our borders to sustain fossil-fueled vehicles for the next millennium; it will be impossible for our existing power grid to support any significant number of electric vehicles with their charging stations.

And I keep asking why we're so dependent on foreign oil and why are we exporting so much. Charity begins at home. We should be taking care of our own needs first and if there is a surplus then share it!

I just heard right now on the news that California will be banning the sale of gasoline cars by 2035! That’s California and that’s a long ways away. The problem is what happens there usually works it way east! That’s all they said. I don’t know if that means the sale of all cars or just new cars. Time will tell.

I believe that's NEW cars. California is also banning gasoline powered lawn mowers , hedge trimmers , pruners , chain saws & power generators. I believe those BANS start in 2025.

I've done some research into the charging business. Try this link to see what I found. I don't think we need to worry.

Electric cars are coming!!!
I'm not going to enjoy it, that is unless I can get involved in the technical side. But it's
probably far enough out that it won't matter to me.

Another trusted source .....

EVs are for dummies !! Wait until they get the elecric bill for their home charging station.
Grid will fail and no charging of anything.
Hot and cold will kill the EV dummies when the grid goes down.

The Earth will take care of itself, no matter what humans do. It is self sustainable or it would not have been here for this long.

Trust me, I'm old as dirt and know what I'm talking about.:)

Electric cars are coming!!!
I'm not going to enjoy it, that is unless I can get involved in the technical side. But it's
probably far enough out that it won't matter to me.

Another trusted source .....

Indy, a most excellent video with a brilliant young man (his numbers match mine :geek:).

T-Test, today EVs are about 4 times as efficient as ICE cars; your added electrical bill will be more than offset by the savings in gasoline. If you drive 1000 miles/month, you will spend about $200 for gas (I used 25mpg and $5/gallon). An EV would cost about $50; you save $150/monthly. Gotta like that.
And EVs are even getting better, with regen braking and wireless charging.
Most of us will charge at night at home. It can be done with an ordinary 120 or 240 outlet, or with a fast charger. And my utility offers nighttime charging at 3 cents/kWh; the day rate is 13 cents.

I’m sorry, but the added cost of owning a ev plus the battery replacement will offset any savings most think they will realize. Hopefully you can get all of your running done in 200 miles too. The highest I’ve seen was less than 400 advertised and that was a high dollar European model. Meanwhile China and India are forging full speed ahead building new coal burning power plants... green my eye! Sorry, but I don’t buy the propaganda.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back