Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

All the same

thomas

With all the pictures that I have seen regarding T-Buckets, the suspension seems to be the same. I didn't realize you could use different suspensions.

thomas:)

Does anyone have any links to pictures of front suspensions that are different than the usual solid axle and leaf spring? I have no idea what might be "OK" to use on a t-bucket. What might an IFS look like on a
t-bucket?

I'm going to check the website for some T-Bucket pictures. Maybe I can get some good frontend pictures.;)

I've seen what appears to be coil over springs in the front of some of the T_buckets that look pretty sweet.

thomas

I have seen IFS on buckets, but somehow it doesn't look right. I have seen for links and coil springs too. I guess there are quite a few different ways to do it, but the spring and solid or "I" beam axles just look "right" for the kind of rod a bucket is. This is strictly my opinion.

I attend to agree with Fred on the front end. I just like the look.

Here is a link to photos of hundreds of buckets. There are some good shots of front ends. Sorry, you'll have to look for them, but there are a lot of good ideas in these pics. I got my idea for my T in here.

http://www.tbucket.com/gallery32.html

You'll see that there are a lot of different and clever ways to do a T and it's front suspension. This may be the worst.

suspension2.jpg

While it may work, it's WAAAAY to big for the small bucket! There's a saying on the NTBA site when it comes to comfort. "If you wanted a Cadillac, you should have bought one.":lol:

On a serious note, there are kits to add four links and regular shocks to a T Bucket. They don't look that out of place and would probably be just as easy to do as the conventional method. I have often thought that a Heidts setup would work, but I just like the simplicity of a buggy spring and radius rods.

I'm not really crazy about the gas tank either.:rock::lol:

I have the traditional spring behind dropped tube axle. I removed the top leaf for a better ride, and what a difference. Not real happy with the friction shocks though. A fellow BH here in Phoenix has a very trick setup, I'd never seen before.
Below, and behind the front crossmember, parrallel to the frame, are tube shocks. They hook up to the bottom of the friction ear plates, which allows the normal linkage setup. This looks traditional, plus greatly improved dampening according to the builder. I was looking for a better way, now I've found it. I"ll get pics. if needed.:cool:

lance: I,ve seen this type of set- up before and it LOOKS good. Just not so sure it will function as well as if the shocks were vertical . ??

lance..Could you post pics?

As far as I know, the placement direction is not a concern. I've seen tons of cars with remote shocks, ie; Formula One, GT Cars, Custom cars with hidden shocks. As the shock is sealed, the only thing that might need thought is the leverage on the bellcrank that works the shock. A fellow BH here has his shocks laid down just in front of the lower radiator tank, attached to a mount dead center on the front crossmember. And uses a kinda knee action linkage. I'll be seeing the bucket Weds. morning, and get some pics.:neutral:

As far as I know, the placement direction is not a concern. I've seen tons of cars with remote shocks, ie; Formula One, GT Cars, Custom cars with hidden shocks. As the shock is sealed, the only thing that might need thought is the leverage on the bellcrank that works the shock. A fellow BH here has his shocks laid down just in front of the lower radiator tank, attached to a mount dead center on the front crossmember. And uses a kinda knee action linkage. I'll be seeing the bucket Weds. morning, and get some pics.:neutral:

When you go to see the bucket, ask if the shocks are gas or hydrolic. Thanks>

lanceks1, are you a native of Arizona? I grew up in Phoenix.

VERY INTERESTING!!!! IFS

Thomas,
Surely I lived on the left coast until I got fogged out, and smart enough to "GO TO THE SUN, MY BOY". I'm in the north west corner of the valley in SURPRISE,AZ. Phoenix is like 60 miles east/west, and 35 miles north/south. So I'm lost in Paradise with some great "T" people. DARN IT!!!!!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back