Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

All-World's bucket project

yup ... it's a real early version though!!!! the number on the cardboard box is 0000010.1 ...

gawd, i hope Mr. Barski dosen't see that!!

Ron

Youngster said:
craig here's a sketch of the hairpin mount i was talking about

hairpinmountsSmall.jpg

opps...guess ya gotta lay down to look at it.

i wouldn't worry about the cross member just yet. chances are with it being back so far it might be ok right there.

Ron

That one is totally different, and it doesn't look too difficult either.

Hey Ron, just when I've psyched myself up to go with your original brackets, ya just had to mess with me again...lol

Seriously, that's an option worth looking at. Thanks man.

this is the way i did my '27. i wanted to find something different from the ones in the plans. this is easier and less welding in that area.

Ron

no it dosen't, wish i had figured it out before the plans went into pdf.

Ron

Youngster said:
i wouldn't worry about the cross member just yet. chances are with it being back so far it might be ok right there.

Ron

Ron, the front face of that crossmember is 13 1/2" from the start of the kick, if that is any help.

you wont know till you get your engine /trans mocked up craig.

Ron

I have a block which I hammered out the complete center, just the outside walls of the block left, and a trans case all hole sawed everywhere, very light, but not as light as the new plistic Engines and trans they sell now days... Did not have them back then.. :D

i have a block i got from a local engine builder, a set of cracked heads, a short pump, a distributor and intake that i use.

Ron

Ted Brown said:
I have a block which I hammered out the complete center, just the outside walls of the block left, and a trans case all hole sawed everywhere, very light, but not as light as the new plistic Engines and trans they sell now days... Did not have them back then.. :)

They didn't even have plastic back then did they? :D

Front spring perch is now intact. Since I figure that this is an integral piece holding up the front suspension, I didn't trust my shoddy welding skills and had a buddy do the perch plate-to-bracket welds....definitely a lot cleaner than those brackets-to-xmember stitch welds. And I'm finding out a lot more about warpage. After all that heating, the middle hole of the perch plate is now 1/16" off center....maybe someone can tell me if I'm ok.

My new motto: "More grinding and more bondo":

Craig

shouldn't be that critical Craig. wait til you get your front axel atgether. if need be you can file/grind the hole bigger to center the spring.

Ron

Ok, I'm set to mock up the front axle and radius rods to figure out where to weld the hairpin frame brackets....I've got that straight.

For the rear, to find the placement of the rear spring mounting brackets and the hairpin mounting brackets on the rear end housing, I would assume the only way is to mockup the rear end with engine and trans. in line and go from there?

I couldn't resist.....

After the front spring perch, I quickly slapped on the front spring and axle....just to make it look like there's progress...lol

Clevises and heims are on their way from Speedway, should get them early next week, unless the Cdn. Border Agency want to make life miserable for me.

Ted Brown said:
Damn that floor is CLEAN, You must not be working in there.. hehe Looks like CCR axle brackets?? :lol:

Shhhh.....it's the warehouse workshop at work. Cleaners show up at night.:cool: I just have to stay one step ahead of the health and safety committee...lol

Go ahead, tell me that didn't bring a smile to your face Craig!!!!

Ron

Youngster said:
Go ahead, tell me that didn't bring a smile to your face Craig!!!!

Ron

You got it Ron... this is great. I'm sure glad I got rid of that 'ol rusty Pontiac and started this project. It's nothin like I've ever done before....I'm having a gas!

Craig

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back