Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Almost 12 months and I m still here

Well I better get my belly button out it seems... :) If and when I build myself a new T Bucket, it will be called by many a Rat Rod, just because it will not have any store bought TRICK stuff, even if I say so myself... having sold many a part to others over the years... I want to build a totally one off type T Bucket or maybe a Tall top T coupe, if I find a body... and if I do, it would only get enough body work to make it sound, not purty... Same for engine, stock all around and no chrome or fancy paint anywhere... The frame and chassis parts are made to work great, no show stuff at all, as that all costs a lot more money and really does not make the car a better driver, I want comfort and dependability, get in and drive to anywhere I want... Like I have said many. many times, drive her naked, just do it longer with a rat rod... Drive safe :)

Ted, my dear friend, Happy New Year, and here is one for you.

Bob

DSCN0007800x600.jpg

Well that looks trick, BUT! waaaaay toooo low, could not drive that anywhere, at least legal that is, hehe now if it were up higher and had a tall top, That could be made into a fine driver... :) Who knows? it may have air lifts and drive at a normal height, now that would work for me... hehe

Ted,

I could be wrong, but this rat may never need plug gap settings, as it might be one of those compression ignition engines. (diesel). I think the residential propane tank might be for propane injection because that kinda wakes up a diesel. Air bag suspension is common on class 7 and 8 trucks, of course not used the way he is using it.

Bob

I wonder if the propane tank is the air tank for the horns and maybe air bags.... air starter ?

Well you know me, I can find something to complain about. Here in the mountains we have a much higher incidence of fallen rocks on the roads. Some can be quite large and there have been deaths from falling rock. Several years ago I was canyon carving on my street bike. When I came around a tight corner there was a huge rock in my lane. I dodged it with a bit of luck. Back up to speed, I came around another corner only to come up on a rattlesnake crosing the road. That one almost put a skid mark in my shorts. We had a good size rattler cross the drag strip one night. Of course it only made us bike guys concerned.

Anyway, I do my best to stay well away from anything with dualie rear wheels - lots of big Dodge and Ford pickups around here.

A good size rock ban be picked up between the dual rear tires and thrown back a considerable distance. Have you ever seen a dualie truck where the rear fenders (usually f-glass) are broken up? It's from throwing rocks.

Yes Paris, I know the chances of getting a rock thrown through your windshield are about the same as getting an invitation to the Pope's wedding. The message is to be careful.

Gerry,

For some reason, I think you would suit a build like the "Purple People Eater" rather than a rat rod.

Here it is. http://autoculture.org/?p=692

Altho the writers suggest its a rat rad, I dont see it as one

Cheers
Todd
I don't know about Gerry, but I'm building one of those right now. Same broken back look, no visible radiator, blown 392 Chrysler hemi.

Thanks for the post Todd.

Jeff

ALWAYS loved that car. Mean as hell and a ride that frightens pedestrians as it goes by. There was also a 3 window in an advert (in US Rod and Custom) many years ago that took my fancy. Blown, raked, big n littles and chopped. Front 3/4 view if I remeber. Black paint and had an attitude that said...
This road is mine
I think if I was under 30 a Bantam with a blower would suit just fine.

Gerry

I don't know about Gerry, but I'm building one of those right now. Same broken back look, no visible radiator, blown 392 Chrysler hemi.

Thanks for the post Todd.

Jeff

got any pikkys yet Jeff? I know we would all love to see some :hooray:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back