Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Angle Finder??

all-world1

Anyone know where I can get a decent angle finder? I tried some of the local parts supply shops here in Winnipeg with no luck.

http://www.craftsman.com/shc/s/p_10...ls&sName=Carpentry+Tools&keyword=angle+finder

00939830000-1

Sears

Thanks for the info guys. We have a Home Depot and Sears just a punt away, so I'll try those tomorrow. If they don't carry it, then Speedway it is.

Go and buy the one from sears I linked below. My Lowes and Home depot carry the crappy ones for the same 9.99 as the sears one. The key is you need to buy one where the needle hangs down not up. The ones with the needle facing up have a counter weight that hangs down to offset the needle weight. Everyone I looked at that has this design sticks and does not read accurately. You have to try and tap the unit to get it to balance out properly and it will still stick. I looked at Lowes, Home depot, I have a harbour freight one and they all do this. The sears on linked below is the same price and works 100X better.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...tud+Finders&sName=Angle+Finders+&+Protractors

That Sears one doesn't look too bad.......I have an older Sears one with the little wobbly needle, and extreamly fine Degree lines....I gotta get a magnifier to read the damned thing ! :eek: "BH"

Go with the Sears..... You accidently drop the Home Depot or Lowes angle finder and you will be buying another one. I know these items should not be dropped. That's why I said "accidently". Been there done that.

PaulR

I use the digital torpedo smart level. It has the reset at any angle. I bought the first one when we were doing the interior trim work on a house with a lot of angled windows and the framing carpenters didn't use any kind of level... set the smart level on a surface, reset to read 0. check the next surface and read the angle. set the miter saw to half and make the cut. Now I use it to check drill press.table to spindle, mill. saw .setups.etc. I use a 14 inch radial arm wood saw with a metal cutting chop saw blade to make angle cuts I also use a big draftsman type plastic triangle with an acurate adjustable protractor built in to measure and layout angles.

They got ya covered...............whatever it is....................make sure its got a good magnet and good clear distinct markings.............

I go with a miracle point, which you can get from any machineshop supply co, or Grainger, or Enco

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back