Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Bad torque converter

Yes and no the builder did not provide me a flex plate I put an internally balanced one on, then the car was shipped to his shop and he also put or was given the the wrong flex plate sooooo. It ended getting the wrong one twice but in the end it got the correct weighted flex plate for a 388

Whoever built the engine and supposedly balanced the crank, would of had to have the correct flywheel to balance the crank. That very same flywheel should have come with the engine.

Yes, it turned out it was the flex plate apparently they installed the wrong one or got one with the weight in the wrong place. So the car runs smooth as a gravy sandwich. Thanks u to all who contributed.

Well the engine builder actually called me on sunday and too his credit he is towing the car to his shop for further diagnosis. It is a externally balanced scat 383 rotating assmbly. It has both correct harmonic balancer i can feel the weight behind the balncer and correct weighted flexplate. Wether the flexplate is indexed correctly is another matter but were gonna find that out. He seems to b a stand up dude i dont doubt that. Soooo we'll see
WTF????? Well, at least the guy got you straightened out, but still....its a balanced assembly, and they didn't have the right flexplate???? Thats the equiv. of buying a 12 ga., going bear hunting, and having 410 shells....as a 800 pound is looking at you, licking his chops....

Reactions: RPM
Yes, it turned out it was the flex plate apparently they installed the wrong one or got one with the weight in the wrong place. So the car runs smooth as a gravy sandwich. Thanks u to all who contributed.
Still it shouldn't have happened in the 1st place. How long did this motor run vibrating badly?

Reactions: RPM

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back