Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Bear Fiberglass bodies

For those who are thinking of a wider body, keep in mind you will have to have a custom windshield made or fab one yourself. Sounds like a small point but it can be a spendy one.

Ron

FYI: The owner of Bear Fiberglass called me this evening and wants to do an interview for the forum tomorrow about his 23 T bodies. I have a bunch of service calls but I think I can make it. I'll post pics when I get them.....should be interesting.

Mike

mikesplumbing said:
FYI: The owner of Bear Fiberglass called me this evening and wants to do an interview for the forum tomorrow about his 23 T bodies. I have a bunch of service calls but I think I can make it. I'll post pics when I get them.....should be interesting.

Mike

Good luck Mike, I'm really looking forward to seeing your report.

Ron hit on a very important point..........ask him how close to stock dimensionally his bodies are because it is no fun finding out you can't use one of the readily available windshield frames. I had a custom made one done for my 27 and even 20 years ago it wasn't cheap.

Also, look for the general fit of stuff and areas that would require lots of prep before paint. I have seen some really horrible bodies at swap meets with parting lines that were simply huge. Seems like this might be a good body from what you guys say though.

Don

Hey! Hope all is well

I will, and I will take good pictures. I have a pretty decent camera that can get photos with good detail so I should be able to come up with something good for everybody. I'm pretty excited because their other bodies look really nice.

He did say that the body was taken from an original Ford body and the Speedway windshield mounts fit. I'll double check.

Mike

I just got back from Bear Fiberglass/JW Rod Garage and took some good pictures. I'll post my experience and the photos sometime tonight!

Mike

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back