Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Bear Fiberglass/JW Rod Garage interview

EX JUNK said:
I think that if you look closely, GT63, you will see that there is no floor in the '23 body. When you install a floor, you raise it up into the body the amount that you wish to channel the body over the frame.

Jim

Using your explanation, you would have to cut the floor lip out and notch the firewall to channel this body.

GT63 said:
Using your explanation, you would have to cut the floor lip out and notch the firewall to channel this body.

Not really....The ones we picked up from Hermans Fast Glass had the same lip and no floor. The lip will clear the frame. All you have to cut is the front and rear slots and set it down. Once you got the height you want start laying the floor. I used Plywood and then glassed the top and bottom. It's pretty easy to do.

Mike....what can I say but GREAT Write Up. Thank You.:clap::funmeter2:

You are correct, GT63.

Jim

Mike (mikesplumbing), I haven't seen the pics yet because the p-bucket is blocked here at work but I'm very much looking forward to checking them out later.

Slight threadjack... if you get time and you're in the neighborhood could you get some pics of the Castle? I would imagine it's either finished or almost finished by now.

Hey guys, I might of found a flaw in the body. I was just going through some photos in my laptop and was looking at the photos from Bear Fiberglass and I noticed something kind of weird but maybe it's just me.

Take a look at the photo below and in the middle of the fron cowl you can see the parting joint right?? OK, now look at the outside corners and imagine a straight line from left to right. Doesn't it seem to dip a little? Kind of like the mold was joined and at the joint in sank down just a little.

I would think it is supposed to be straight or maybe even arched up a tad. I'm not qualified to make a judgement but maybe you guys who have built them already can take a look and see if i'm loosing my mind or not.:eek:

Mike

OOOPS!!!!:D Forgot to post the photo! Sorry

bear6.jpg

Mike

I think you are right about that joint, it dips down instead of flowing well. I also question the parting lines on the firewall. At most big swap meets you will see guys who decide to go into the body business and I have seen some really, really horrible ones out there. Did I mention they were really horrible? :surprised: We have seen some that if you gave me one I wouldn't take it.

I'm not saying that about the ones you posted, can't really tell much from a few pictures.

Don

Mike, out there somewhere around Watertown a dentist is building a castle.

Not sure exacty what road it's on but I'll try to find out. The exgf's from Watertown, her parents are out 26 near Clyman.

Lisa's mother mailed a newspaper article a few months back, there were a couple of photos but not enough information and I haven't been able to find anything else about it.

Again, sorry for the threadjack.

T-Odd said:
Mike, out there somewhere around Watertown a dentist is building a castle.

Not sure exacty what road it's on but I'll try to find out. The exgf's from Watertown, her parents are out 26 near Clyman.

Lisa's mother mailed a newspaper article a few months back, there were a couple of photos but not enough information and I haven't been able to find anything else about it.

Again, sorry for the threadjack.

Is this it? Castle

Yeah!! HA!! that's funny......That castle is neighbors with the farm that has a grass airstrip where I keep and fly my airplane. I see it all the time.

Just wait until it's all done and he discovers that mine and others airplanes will be 50 feet above the turrets when we land and take off........I'm sure he will call the city and complaine.......or he might have to hire archers to man the turrets and shoot me down.

Mike

The "dip" in the cowl is common not only to the fiberglass bodies but the stock steel ones as well. I have a '19 rdsr body and a '22 touring that have the "dip".

Ron

Grant, that's it. Looks Massive.

I fiound it interesting that he's not that whole Ren-Faire stuff, but he's building a castle.

The materials are great, but the design lacks a few details... I still think it's very interesting.

Back to the Subject.... I'll be able to see Mike's pics tonight after we give a couple of guys the Third Degree. Hot Spot right there, so I get to catch up on Facebook, myspace, etc.

I gotta get some home internet.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back