Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Bias Ply Wide Whites

jmel

Last spring, while building my car, i picked up a set of wheels, accent rings, babymoons and wide white Bias Ply's at a swap meet. Tires were a bit used, but got the entire set for a steal.

But, in a way, i got wha i paid for...one of the rear tires is bad, and i'm about to have to buy a couple new rear tires.

My rear tires are Remington L78-15's. I like the size...although they may be a smidgen wide for my taste...but i like them. The only L78-15's in wide whites that i can find are Cokers for $140...that seems like a great price, but i don't know anything about Coker tires so i'm a little hesitant. Comparable sized firestones 820-15's i think are $190.

the 820's are a little narrower, but are a bit more pricey. I'm fine with the L78's if i can trust Coker. Any experience with this brand?

I would not be afraid to buy from Coker. They have been the go to guys for restorers for a long time. I haven't heard of any problems returning or replacing tires, tubes or rims.

Ron

Just bought a set of Diamond Back if you want to go to radial wide whites. They can make wide whites out of just about any brand of raidials. I went with cooper a little less expensive.

http://www.dbtires.com/

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back