Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Big redo of the old bucket

Holy crap! Are those burnout marks or brake skid marks??? Either way, wild ride! LOL

Nice work on the pulley!
That's 280# of terrified bucketeer standing on the brakes. Note width of skid marks; front brakes locked up while the big rear weenies just kept on spinning.

The pulley was made from a single piece of 1/16 aluminum. Cut with a Dremel and pounded into shape with a vise and hammer. Really gets your aggressions out.

That's 280# of terrified bucketeer standing on the brakes. Note width of skid marks; front brakes locked up while the big rear weenies just kept on spinning.

The pulley was made from a single piece of 1/16 aluminum. Cut with a Dremel and pounded into shape with a vise and hammer. Really gets your aggressions out.
Yikes! I didn't mean to make light of what must have been a horrifying experience. Could have ended very badly...glad it didn't. This is why dual return springs on the carb are always on my cars...

Ah, the long wait is over. Beautiful MN day and I went to market:
at%2520Kowalskis.JPG

The new taller Lexan windshield is nice. It does bow a bit at speed, but should be OK. I can always add a stiffener to the top later.
New throttle linkage very smooth. Tip: don't try to cut Lokar cable with dikes. I did and it was ugly. Dremel or other cutoff tool does a neat job.
Pipes are very noisy. I have small baffles in each pipe, but there must be a better way.

Speechless. The shot of the aftermath is horrendous. With the ATF on the ground it looks like a murder scene. Was that recent? looks like an older version of the car.
Double the length of the baffles, but at what length would you actually feel the performance start to diminish?
Looks good. Looking forward to seeing how the exhaust is handled.

John

It was 5 yrs ago. Different pipes. Since then I've added a circuit to kill the motor if the brake is pressed while the throttle is open. This also avoids the problem of my size 13 getting on both pedals at once...which has happened.

Do you have any pictures of where the O2 sensor is mounted in your headers? I am using the MSD Atomic system with sprint type headers and it seems like anything below 2000 rpm the AFR is going way lean. I can not find any vacuum leaks or reasons for this other than maybe the headers are too short.

Sorry wasnt trying to hi-jack your thread just curious how you are getting it to work.

Casey

Kasso: I had an O2 sensor in my old sprint headers, right behind where the 4 pipes join into one:
O2%2520sensor.JPG

After a few hours of driving the fuel map is fully populated and the O2 sensor is not needed unless you change something in the motor. So I don't run one now. I'm using the FAST EZ-EFI. The MSD Atomic, under advanced options, allows you to set AFR targets; might tinker with those.

TriodeLuvr: The radiator is in the bed, behind that grill. No room up front with the Potvin blower.
P6210853-copy.jpg

lid2%2520003.jpg

I have to ask where you got your name. Are you a fellow audiophile?

Last edited:
Time flies when cruise season starts. The Lexan windshield is doing great. I've added a lateral support between the seats:

https://plus.google.com/photos/1049...6040425846451498754&oid=104971212334307682869

...and a new PCV system. The passenger side breather has a PCV valve and a hose to the intake manifold. The driver side breather is a dummy, it's empty and has a hose to the air cleaner:

https://plus.google.com/photos/1049...6040425845985713026&oid=104971212334307682869

...don't know why the images aren't showing. Maybe Google/Picasa has changed something. I've added the URLs so you can go see them.

Last edited:
Here's the other side with the lap belt:
divider%2520and%2520belt.JPG

...I made the slot for the belt with a cutoff wheel and smoothed it with sandpaper strips:
cut%2520slot.JPG

That looks great. Looking at the Google photos of the car...the 3/4 rear view...that is the perfect stance. Very cool!

Thanks, Bob. You know, it's just a sandwich of MDF, black vinyl and aluminum sheet. Most of the stuff was already laying around the garage. And I sketched the shape freehand. If I'd known it was turn out so well, I'd of taken more time!

PotvinGuy, what sizes are these tires?

at Kowalskis.jpg

PotvinGuy, what sizes are these tires?

View attachment 10232
Fronts are Hoosier 24x7.50R-15LT. Rears are Hoosier 31x16.50R-17LT on Budnik 17x13 wheels. But Hoosier discontinued the 17" tires. I've found a few left at vendors for $400 each. And nobody makes a comparable tire. I'm trying to convince the wife that I should buy two now and store them.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back