Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Body channelling

ronhallam

Welded the bat wings and shock mounts on my S10 rear end. Placed my frame on level braces and set my fiberglass body on the frame. I channelled the front down to 3 inches BUT I kind of like the way it looks with the rear of the body sitting on top of the frame. Any comments or pros or cons to this setup? Thanks!:tnku:

IMHO it looks broken but if you like it, go for it.

Jim

Welded the bat wings and shock mounts on my S10 rear end. Placed my frame on level braces and set my fiberglass body on the frame. I channelled the front down to 3 inches BUT I kind of like the way it looks with the rear of the body sitting on top of the frame. Any comments or pros or cons to this setup? Thanks!:tnku:
I would channel the rear of the body down the same 3" and then raise the back of the frame 3".

Jeff

If you like the looks, I say do it! With the back of the body higher you will be sitting down in the car more and that is a good thing.

What are you guys seeing that I'm not seeing ? Is it in the Gallery section ? Couldn't find anything under ronhallam. I'm a little confused.

What are you guys seeing that I'm not seeing ? Is it in the Gallery section ? Couldn't find anything under ronhallam. I'm a little confused.

No pictures to look at. I talked to Ron on the phone, so I have a little advantage. He has channeled the front part of the body at the firewall, and set it on the frame to check for fit. He has not done the rear of the body at the kick up. He likes what he is seeing and really just wants everyones opinion and thoughts, about just leaving it as he has it now.

Cant'n really say if it looks good or not with out seeing it Ron.

Thanks for all the replies so what I have heard is keep the firewall square with the frame. If I don't IT may interfere with the setting of my engine? Makes sense. I'll have to do measurement to see how much the firewall is out of square. Tnx. Ron

I am with EX junk, (Jim) best to keep the frame square with the fire wall, just rake the whole frame and body to the look you like... THEN set up your engine and trans mounts... :)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back