Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

body prices

And if you would like to go a new way, try this:
seat%2Bdivider.JPG

Those are office chairs, from Sam's Club, less the arms and bases. Very comfortable.

That looks great Ex Junk ! I think I did see the thread on your interior , if it's the one I am thinking of . I like the way the outside color of the body is incorporated into the interior to make it all flow . Was the lip on your tub there already , or did you glass it in before paint your self ? I have done tons of glass work on boats and corvettes , so I'm not beyond doing it myself if need be .

Not saying anything about their body , or buying one . The question asked was if any of the sponsors here make an insert for the interior like the one in the link ? I like the idea of the insert and just being able to drop the car at the upholstery shop and have them do the rest , that's all .

I'd definitely look at a finished one first. I've looked at the old MAS ones and the Spirit ones and unless you "fit the mold" you may not be comfortable in them. They definitely need to be from the same body manufacturer. The Spirit ones fit nice, the MAS ones did not.

So far the body that I seem to keep going back to is RPM's stretch body . I have looked at alot of the others as well , but I like the idea of the extra leg room in the stretch body he sells . But the tub would need alot of glass work to have the interior like Ex Junk has in his . Hopefully I will get a chance to start calling around tomorrow and get a plan together on where to go from here .

So far the body that I seem to keep going back to is RPM's stretch body . I have looked at alot of the others as well , but I like the idea of the extra leg room in the stretch body he sells . But the tub would need alot of glass work to have the interior like Ex Junk has in his . Hopefully I will get a chance to start calling around tomorrow and get a plan together on where to go from here .

Keep in mind we have that stretch body now without a door, if your interested in that. Right this minute in for such a long time we happen to have all the bodies in stock. Finally got caught up on bodies.

That looks great Ex Junk ! I think I did see the thread on your interior , if it's the one I am thinking of . I like the way the outside color of the body is incorporated into the interior to make it all flow . Was the lip on your tub there already , or did you glass it in before paint your self ? I have done tons of glass work on boats and corvettes , so I'm not beyond doing it myself if need be .

We made the "rollover" ourselves. An easy way to it would be when you are putting in the wood to strengthen the body. You'd have to cut and fit the wood around the top edge of the body. Or you could do as we did and that was to lay the body on its side and pour a two part foam on each side and the back of the body. (This foam expands a great deal so a little goes a long way.) After the foam has expanded and set up you can then "carve" out the desired shape with a small disc grinder and hand sanding. Upon getting the desired contour we laid up glass over the foam and finished off in the usual way. This makes for a very strong body without using any wood.

Jim

I like the foam idea . You happen to remember what foam you used that would hold up to the resin being applied to it ? I have used foam blocks that were good with resin , but never a liquid expanding foam .

I like the foam idea . You happen to remember what foam you used that would hold up to the resin being applied to it ? I have used foam blocks that were good with resin , but never a liquid expanding foam .

Do a GOOGLE search for A-B (or two part) foam for a list of suppliers in your area. Since it is a resin based foam you can do your lay up directly on it.
Be VERY careful when using the foam to use eye and lung protection!

Jim

The answer to you question is in my post from a couple above.

Jim

Thanks for the info Ex Junk , I'll check it out .

Hulk , I am guessing that your interior comes with the expectation that I am installing it in one of your kits . I am actually looking at ordering a body from RPM because I like the stretch that he offers , so I doubt ordering your interior will do me any good ? I will likely have to piece it together and take it to my upholstery guy to be able to get what I am looking for , but thanks for the info .

Not saying anything about their body , or buying one . The question asked was if any of the sponsors here make an insert for the interior like the one in the link ? I like the idea of the insert and just being able to drop the car at the upholstery shop and have them do the rest , that's all .

I was commenting in general. Not to you directly. ;)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back