Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

body

fordnut

Does anyone make a body with a floor allready installed. Is starting without the floor the best way to start the mock up.

Does anyone make a body with a floor allready installed. Is starting without the floor the best way to start the mock up.
California Custom Roadsters ... CCR

Every thing cost more today. Do all bodys have a lip on the bottom that the plywood sits on from the inside of the body.
Yes and no. Most bodies have a bottom edge in them. You can mount the floor to that, but it won't channel the body. Most people want to channel the body 3" so that the bottom of the body is even with the bottom of the frame rails. In this case the floor will get glassed to the sides of the body.

CCR's Bodies come with the Floors installed, actually they are not installed. They are all one piece laminated body and floor in the molds then the Coremat is laid down and another layer of 3/16"glass is put on over that. This ends up being a 1/2" thick floorboard, and solid...plus you will never need to worry that the floor will break loose from the body.

Standard Body Door Support szd..jpgStandard T Bucket Body Floor szd..jpg

Hi jack--Resinator; I have your plans for another bucket build. What is the wheelbase of the regular bodied bucket in the plans?

Every thing cost more today. Do all bodys have a lip on the bottom that the plywood sits on from the inside of the body.

Everything on planet Earth cost and cost and cost ... but, it does include a free trip around the Sun!

Do any of you guys out there in t bucket land have the passenger side door, or is it just as easy to jump in and out. I am undecided witch way to go.

I've tried with, I've tried without, mine will be with.:D

My T sits low enough at 29 1/2" at the side entry area that I really don't need a door. Even my wife who is 5'-5" has no problem stepping in. However, there are a lot of T's that sit rather high and a door is an asset.

The T I'm building has both a passenger and driver side doors. I'm planning ahead as I don't foresee myself climbing over the sides in my later years.

CCR's Bodies come with the Floors installed, actually they are not installed. They are all one piece laminated body and floor in the molds then the Coremat is laid down and another layer of 3/16"glass is put on over that. This ends up being a 1/2" thick floorboard, and solid...plus you will never need to worry that the floor will break loose from the body.

View attachment 7993View attachment 7994

Jerry,
What is the mil thickness of your gel coat?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back