Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Bomber Type Seats

Rick

VIP
VIP Member
Ok do any of you folks run the Bomber type seats in your bucket?I posted what i was going to do before but got little response so here goes.I got two seats from the cafiteria from work and if i glass them to stiffen them i think they will work.I wanna use these and build the interior around them much like the 55 T-Bird back seat was with the bucket type insert on the back and the leather flowing around it.You old farts know what i mean(like im not an old fart)Ok check these pics out and give me some input.
DVC00053Large.jpg

DVC00057Large.jpg

Those will work IF you make sure that they are tilted back to a comfy point, so they hold you in the seat, as that is what i notice a lot here, seat bottoms flat and the backs tilted, not correct that way, as it feels like you are trying to slide out of the seat all the time, make sure it has at least a 2x4 under the front edge of the seat.. and anyone else can try this with their own seats, block them up in front, and sit in it, MUCH better.... Ride in comfort! You T Bird idea will look great, just keep it thin so that you do noit lose any room behind... You need all the leg room you can get in these small/short bodies...

Ted Brown said:
Those will work IF you make sure that they are tilted back to a comfy point, so they hold you in the seat, as that is what i notice a lot here, seat bottoms flat and the backs tilted, not correct that way, as it feels like you are trying to slide out of the seat all the time, make sure it has at least a 2x4 under the front edge of the seat.. and anyone else can try this with their own seats, block them up in front, and sit in it, MUCH better.... Ride in comfort! You T Bird idea will look great, just keep it thin so that you do noit lose any room behind... You need all the leg room you can get in these small/short bodies...
The seat Ted will stay the same in the back the flow i meant was between and around the seate like the bird.Ill tilt them some but the more you tilt the less room you have cause the seat has to move forward to tilt back.

Rick, those seats just don't seem to work. I suggest that you send them to me, so I can dispose of them for you. I'll toss 'em in my car while I wait for the junk guy.:)

They look nice in there. I say go for it. You got me trying to figure out a way to sneak into the nearby high school and "borrow" a pair.;)

I cant find the pics but i saw some in a build that was the plastic highschool seat leggs removed ofcourse covered in foam and leather and it looked sweet. He made a billet mount for them

Dammit Fred I was going to offer to dispose of those lousey seats! :hooray:
any one know where more of them are?
Mike in ep

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back