Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Brake bracket location using the stretched body

tfeverfred

I'm planning out my chassis and I'll be using your stretched body. I would like to know how far forward of the rear kick-up is the REAR of your brake/master cylinder bracket? I'd also like a photo of your brake/master cylinder assembly. Does it come as a complete unit or do I need to source the various parts needed? Does it weld or bolt on?

Jerry, what is the purpose for the flat plate bolted to frame and extending outboard?

Thanks,
Jerry

Thank you VERY much for the quick response.

I've looked at that pic and always wondered what that was. I'm glad someone asked besides me. :D Thanks again.
Hi Fred,
I remember riding in your t bucket around the block!!! That was a blast! I have a CCR frame with the CCR stretched body on it. I don't know if you are still in Houston, if you are send me an email. You can come by and look at if you want.

PaulR

Hi Fred,
I remember riding in your t bucket around the block!!! That was a blast! I have a CCR frame with the CCR stretched body on it. I don't know if you are still in Houston, if you are send me an email. You can come by and look at if you want.

PaulR

Hey, Paul! How you been! I'd love to come by. I'm off work on Saturdays. Got any pics of your build?

wyche_37@hotmail.com

Last edited:
Jerry,

Do you sell that ebrake bracket on the frame rail for stetched body as well?
I think it would move the brake out of the way.

Thanks PaulR

The Long Body actually allows the E-brake handle to run parallel to the seat riser because of the trans crossmember location. We don't use a plate for that one anymore because of the coremat floor. If you look on the bottom side of your body there will be markings for the mounting holes

CCR Kit Body Detail.jpg Gennie Lo-Line Handbrake.jpg Nunally Kit szd(3).jpg

The Long Body actually allows the E-brake handle to run parallel to the seat riser because of the trans crossmember location. We don't use a plate for that one anymore because of the coremat floor. If you look on the bottom side of your body there will be markings for the mounting holes

View attachment 11928 View attachment 11929 View attachment 11930

I can see Paul running to his garage to tip the body up! That's a clever and space conscience place to put the handle.

Resinator, who makes that steering wheel and do you know the diameter?

We get them from Limeworks.
3 or 4 spoke with or without holes, Leather wrapped, 14" diameter.
Having the handle there makes it easy to pull and it never gets stepped on, because of the trans crossmember location we don't have that space available when using the standard body

What is the advantage of coremat floor??

Strong as or maybe stronger than plywood, nothing to "glass in" because it's already part of the body., lighter than plywood.

We get them from Limeworks.
3 or 4 spoke with or without holes, Leather wrapped, 14" diameter.
Having the handle there makes it easy to pull and it never gets stepped on, because of the trans crossmember location we don't have that space available when using the standard body

Thanks!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back