Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Bucket Body

George now is this you in the drivers seat? You were going VROOM VROOM weren't ya? Yes you were go ahead admit it!!! It's OK we all have done it.

Just kidding with ya... all joking aside it looks like a good body. Not to mention two good looking helpers you got there.
2053d1246467802-bucket-body-im003971.jpg

I'll be picking up mine at the end of July. Roy is great to deal with, he had no problem storing the body til then.

Is this not the same manufacturer that built them for MAS? I just assumed it was.

Craig or George, did Roy say if he was going to continue to produce these bodies or is he just selling offf his in house stock??

Ron

Looks like you are on your way to having the bucket disease.Make sure the boys get involved to keep the disease alive.

all-world1 said:
I'll be picking up mine at the end of July. Roy is great to deal with, he had no problem storing the body til then.

Is this not the same manufacturer that built them for MAS? I just assumed it was.

Thats kind of curious? Roy indicated to me personally over the phone that they were excess inventory not delivered to MAS.

He had a bunch of stock. Sold them all and had to build some for orders. MAS still owes him money. He is/was the MAS glass guy. Does/did the tilt front ends for them as well.

georgedombeck said:
Oh, he also told me he was still going to build and sell them. g

I got the same message from Roy. He said that the bodies were really selling well and that he was producing more of them.

Hmmmmm ......... new sponcer maybe???

Ron

We picked up three of the bodies and 20" beds last Friday...Roy is a pretty good guy. He owns/runs a fiberglass and molding job shop so t-bucket bodies aren't his focus (fiberglass electrical ground boxes are). He did say that he was making them thicker now than he was (ours looked pretty good--much like Spirit). While he isn't solely making bodies, he does have a pretty nice T bucket (with one of his bodies of course)!

Roy did say that he was going to keep making them and selling them, but the price is going up--the $225 was a wholesale price-- so if you want a good deal, better call soon!:)

georgedombeck said:
Free labor is good. They will be grinding my rear end housing and other stuff. g
Better teach them how you want the rear end housing ground, before they mess it up. I have seen waaaay too many housings ground the wrong way and they almost made then completely trash... Always grind side ways (across) the the welds, lengthways with the housing, not with the weld, (keep the disk flat with the tube) that way everything is smooth, no gouges at all... Grinding is an art, and needs to be mastered, because there is a ton of grinding to be done when building a T Bucket, or any rod for that matter... Just my 2 cents worth.. :)

I couldn't agree with you more Ted. Grinding or metal detailing is an art form that takes skill and patients.

Ron

Just picked up my body from Paynesville last week. I'm really impressed with the quality as Roy was saying he builds em thicker now. I had a bit of a fiasco with the trailer as the end of a protruding bolt chipped a tiny bit of gelcoat on the backside, my own fault but not a worry cuz I'm used to repairing gelcoat chips on my boat.

It was sure nice to get back to the Twin Cities for a visit.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back