Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

can i change the body style?

jjsticks

Hi Brothers! can anyone tell me if i can change the body only on the 27 turtle back that i now own?i want to go to a pickup type body,but don't know if the wheel base is too long.look at my pics in the gallery.thanks guys.jj

if you look at "ivo's t" or the one starbird built of the "big T" those both have 20" beds on them. i personally like the look of the longer bed. norns's T was the one that influenced the 14" bed.

Ron

Youngster said:
if you look at "ivo's t" or the one starbird built of the "big T" those both have 20" beds on them. i personally like the look of the longer bed. norns's T was the one that influenced the 14" bed.

Ron

Don't you think that with his longer wheelbase he would need to have like a 30" box? Curious...

the wheel base is 14 to 15 inches.i think the bucket is alittle tight inside.i guess this is normal? jj

jjsticks said:
the wheel base is 14 to 15 inches.i think the bucket is alittle tight inside.i guess this is normal? jj
What does this mean?14 to 15 inches?

WOW!!! That is 168" - 180" wheelbase! You'll need 40 acres to turn that thing around. Are you SURE that you measured that correctly? You might want to check and see if that is a rubber rule you are measuring with.

Jim

I was thinking the same thing. It's like the two ends of the car are in different time zones.

jjsticks said:
sorry guys i must have been on crack when i took those readings, it only 110 inches.again sorry jj;)
Ya gotta stay out of that pipe JJ.:)

Sticks, check this thread: http://www.tbucketeers.com/forum/f6/pickup-3101/

That was a proposal for a '27 style pickup on 109" wheelbase. That is VERY close to the 110" wheelbase that you say you have. That should give you a good idea for what you are asking about doing.

Jim

Thanks jim,i think i'm looking for more of a 23 bucket look with a pickup bed attached.like alot of you guys have on this site.but then i'll have to worry about the title being correct.i didn't think of this.darn,sticks

correction....the info on Ivo's bed should read 30", not 20"....sorry!!

what you have appears to be a home made t-deck. i don't know how close the builder stayed to the original dimensions. the stock '27 t-deck is 41 1/2" long and 42" wide. with that in mind, you will need a 40 to 42" bed to retain the balance look you have now. a stock model A bed was in the neighbor hood of 56" long. if you need more dimensions, let me know.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back