Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Can someone id this master cylinder?

raidmagic

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
This is in my car. It's a total performance car. This one is either rusted still or locked up by something else. Anyone know what it is and what I can replace it with? The car has drums on all 4 corners.
Thanks

oldmastercylinder.jpg

Looks like MrYoung is right.

The pics on the NAPA website for a 62 Chevy truck MC look exactly like the one you have. Shoiws the price at $28.

Mike

If it is for that era Chevy truck it would probably be for an automatic one because the stick shift mc from then was that side by side one that had brake and clutch all in one.

Don

donsrods said:
If it is for that era Chevy truck it would probably be for an automatic one because the stick shift mc from then was that side by side one that had brake and clutch all in one.

Don
Yeah come to think of it, you're right. The one in my truck mounted sideways to the one in the pic. I'll bet it's been ten years ago... heck I have trouble remembering yesterday.

Good info! Thanks guys. I'll pull it off there and run down to NAPA and match it up. At least I'm in the ball park of what it is now.

The only one I can find for 62 Chevy truck is the side by side one. Anyone have any other ideas? What would keep me from buying just any master and bolting it up there? Is there anything I should look for?

butch27 said:
Yeah; A dual chamber one.

I've thought about that. I don't have any restrictions for mounting it I can do what I want there but how do I make sure it functions properly? Do I just hook the front brakes to one side and the rears to the other? Is there a certain depth I need the plunger to push?

i had very good luck with the master out of a '67 mustang. napa part # 101485. be sure to ask for the drum/drum master cylinder.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back