Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Cant beat the CCR plans..

Mikey

The CCR plans are easy to read and will get you started on a chassis fairly on the cheap... OMG! Did I say cheap?? shhhhhhhhhh!! Mikey

Mikey said:
The CCR plans are easy to read and will get you started on a chassis fairly on the cheap... OMG! Did I say cheap?? shhhhhhhhhh!! Mikey

I think there is room for improvement, afterall they were drawn back in 73 (and revised in 87).....I'd like to see em include the headlight stands, the brake pedal bracket, few other parts.
I never did like the part about welding the steering arms onto the spindle boses, I bet a lot of "novice welders" ran into trouble there, and thats certainly NOT the place where you want a bird doo-doo weld !:eek:
Hang in there Mikey !........ "BH"

yes they are good but need improvement. Like BH said there is nothing in there about brakes bracket. I used scrap 2x3 tubing for my motor mounts as well as body mounts on the side of the frame.

Im in process of building this frame now. More detail would be nice. Not bad by no means but some grey areas. This site sure has helped with them.

Of the 20+ frames I have built since 1968, no two were exactly alike. Different people wanted different features, different engines, different bodies, different wheelbase, different type suspensions, etc.. That's probably why the plans don't include brake system bracketry, motor mount details etc. Most of that stuff is fabricated to fit a specific application as the car is being built. If anybody needs help figuring out the details, this website is a great place to ask questions. Everybody here is friendly and helpful, unlike some sites where you get flamed for asking questions.:confused:

The plans I have used for T-buckets over the years (below) were originally published in Car Craft magazine back in the '60s. I have sometimes altered the length to fit specific applications (lengthened T-bucket bodies, C-Cabs, etc.), but always maintained the width dimensions. Instead of using parallel rails, I use a 23.5 inch width at the front and 29.5 inch width at the kick up. It makes a gentle taper toward the front which I think is visually pleasing. That is purely a matter of personal preference.

T-bucket frame plan.jpg

Of the 20+ frames I have built since 1968, no two were exactly alike. Different people wanted different features, different engines, different bodies, different wheelbase, different type suspensions, etc.. That's probably why the plans don't include brake system bracketry, motor mount details etc. Most of that stuff is fabricated to fit a specific application as the car is being built. If anybody needs help figuring out the details, this website is a great place to ask questions. Everybody here is friendly and helpful, unlike some sites where you get flamed for asking questions.:confused:

The plans I have used for T-buckets over the years (below) were originally published in Car Craft magazine back in the '60s. I have sometimes altered the length to fit specific applications (lengthened T-bucket bodies, C-Cabs, etc.), but always maintained the width dimensions. Instead of using parallel rails, I use a 23.5 inch width at the front and 29.5 inch width at the kick up. It makes a gentle taper toward the front which I think is visually pleasing. That is purely a matter of personal preference.

View attachment 10975
I used to love car craft magazine. They had some cool projects outlined.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back