Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Change's Made

RocknT

I made a few change's
I replaced the rear end with a Explorer 8.8 355gears with disc brake's and it is a locker
Redid the coil over shock mount's and was able lower the rear end by a whopping 14 inch's !!!:eek:
Had the front spring re arched and a leaf added
Bought the original Tire's & Wheel's from the previous owner for $300 Buck's !!
Now to save up for gauge's and other odd and end's

Nice job there. Looking smoking hot. Keep posting pixs of your progress.

That's a sweet looking ride, nice work.

Whoa, Rocky! You been busy!:lol: I love the look of your T. Thanks for the update. Looks great at that height.

WANTED !!!!!
If you see this lady PLEASE tell her to bring back my "our" little car .

Thanks for the compliments
I was going to do a top next but after driving it with disc brakes on the back I am now going to put them on the front to ,, The ride difference after changing the coil over mounting and redoing the front spring is night and day it is way better now ,, hope to get the tag's Monday and be street legal. I put it in the garage last year in Feb.(08) and a year later in Feb (09) it will be street legal ..

Rocky, I'm so glad you are ready to roll legal. Man, has it really been a year? Looks good and PLEASE, take advantage of these lower gas prices and drive the hell out of it! You earned it, man!:welcome:

RocknT said:
Thanks for the compliments
I was going to do a top next but after driving it with disc brakes on the back I am now going to put them on the front to

RocknT,

Your choice of rearend and rear brakes was a good one. The Explorer rear disk brake assembly is available as a bolt on kit for 9" Fords for you guys that want economical and bolt on. You 9" guys can probably just buy the whole rear assembly cheap enough just for the brakes and sell the housing to someone else. That is what I have done for several projects. But then I am very partial to 9" rear housings. By the way, Nice Car!

George

great looking improvements rockin....won't be long now!!!!!!!

Ron

Yep it was really high in the back , Buddy said it looked like a doodle bug ,LOL
But then I found this sight and seen how to get it lower .
Thanks to everyone I feel my little car is a lot safer and I like the look's of it even more ......
You can see how it was in the back ...
vbpgimage.php

A
nd how it sits

DSC03368.jpg

huge improvment rockin!!!!!!!

Ron

Yeah BAABBYY !!!
I never thought I would be so happy to get a car street LEGAL !!!!
Now on to the next faze ...
DSC03373.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back