Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Chrome T painted

Here is a shot I took last night after about a 20 mile run for fun..............Not many bugs yet.......

Putz,

I will get a couple shots of the Tonkas today and post them later I only have about 200 mostly Mightys and Jeeps that were made in 1963 the first year. I have several Texaco toys the have been restored or are original. Many other Texaco cars in boxes that have no room for display..........

My kids can deal with them after I am gone but I get to look at them while I am still here.......Maybe the toys will be better than money in the bank.....

Mike

Attachments

• SDC18668.jpg
    SDC18668.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 39
Great work on the Chrome T... I don't mean to hijack your thread, but have a question regarding your two post lift. A friend has just orderred one and says that he plans to mount it to the floor with 8 expanding concrete anchor bolts (5/8" X 4"). I keep telling him that I think it needs to be mounted much stronger than that, maybe even posts down through the concrete floor, into the ground a few feet. How did you mount yours? I just think there is a lot of leverage with a vehicle up on one of those two post lifts. For my shop, I have the 4 post version, and feel safer, but those posts and ramps do get in the way at times...

Thanks in advance,

Corley

Corley,

I have 10 , 5 on each side 6" x 3/4" bolts in a 6 inch thick concrete floor.

I have had my 56 Ford Pickup, My 2006 Ford Supercrew, a 1962 Econoline pickup & a Ranchero (1979 Big car) on the thing without a problem. The Ranchero would go almost to the top limit but the Pickups won't go to the full height because this is a low profile 9000# lift. The Roof is only 12 foot high in the middle, and thats my fault because I never thought about a lift when I built the shop. I was not as old then so geting down on the knees was not as big a problem as now. Anytime I can get a car off the floor the better off I am................

I will always have a lift now and a friend of mine has a 4 post that is always in the way but his shop is much bigger than mine. They both have their reasons for one or the other but out of the way is better I think. With where my drive in door is in the shop I would lose way to much floor space with a 4 post. ........................ :soapbox:

Mike

A little cruise through Palo Duro Canyon in the Texas Panhandle with 7 T Buckets and 49 to 50 mile winds...............How much fun is that?

Mike

Attachments

• SDC18862.jpg
    SDC18862.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 44
What a great site. Wish we had more of it in the UK
gerry

Looks like fun just wet and crappy here they are talking 70 today though.

When was this ? I see that Chrome Dom and maybe Welstang was their

When was this ? I see that Chrome Dom and maybe Welstang was their

Yesterday 4-9-2011,

Me, Weelstang, Uncle Larry, & Dean from NM and a couple from Dallas alnog with Chromedome...... You should have been there with us. I sent you an email awhile back. You missed some fun for sure..................... :popcorn:

Mike

Aw man my e mail has changed I bet that woulda been fun ,, pm sent
Did you get any other pictures ? My one chance to go with a group and I missed it ..just my luck ..

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back