Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Corbeau Seats

Man: Those are nice. That one piece seat may fit in a T Bucket nicely. Just how many seats do you have in your (bucket?).

I have a set, from another company in my K5. They are way comfortable. I went with PRP instead of Corbeau, so I could custom pick colors.

RollCage005.jpg

Man: Those are nice. That one piece seat may fit in a T Bucket nicely. Just how many seats do you have in your (bucket?).

If you're asking me, right now none, but I'm gathering up parts to build a four person touring car. I'm really liking that Wintec Fabrication logo and thinking a blue version of that car is pretty close to what I want. The build will begin in September. I hope to have all the parts for it collected by then.

It sounds like you all approve of my choice in seats. That makes me feel better about saving up for them. I just hate the idea of saving up money for two months and being unhappy with the purchase. That is why forums like this are such a great resource. It looks like some of the guys in the Jeep forums and rock crawling guys use or recommend these seats. I do think I'll go the extra $100 and get the reclining bucket seats for the front. They look good too.

I have a set, from another company in my K5. They are way comfortable. I went with PRP instead of Corbeau, so I could custom pick colors.

RollCage005.jpg

I'll look up PRP while before I buy. The shape of your seats and the Corbeau seats in the above link are exactly what I'd like to use for the front. I don't want to go too expensive but I don't want them to look or feel cheap either. I get the feeling I'm not going to be disappointed in either brand of seat.

Corbeau quality has improved over the past years. The earlier seat cover material was low quality.
The frame seems to be OK. The sliders have held up since 1999, but the adj lever does not move with the seat and is covered up when the seat is in the forward position. I am glad to see you are going with the adj back, also I had to order a wide version of the CR seat. I have a 40" waist and would not fit in the standard seat. Fortunately the dealer had an office chair with the same seat I ordered. The high side bolsters on the seat are nice, but expect them to get a lot of wear, more reason to appreciate the improved seat material.

good luck,

Thanks Railroad for the first hand experience. I wished the slider handle moved with the seat, but I guess that isn't necessary. From other places talking about these seats, they said go with the wide ones. I planned on that anyway since the bucket body is being custom made and will be wider than most, it should have room to spare. Plus a small butt can fit in a wide seat much easier than a wide one in a small seat.

That Wintec build sound nice. Send pics when you start. What chassis ?

You'd better believe there will be pics when I get started in September. I'm avoiding the temptation to get a loan and cash-flowing this project. I'm building the chassis from scratch. After seeing Mr. Fixit's T-boy, he's got me inspired. So to avoid stalling out on this build, I figure I'd better have a fat building fund and the parts like seats, lights, gauges, and gas tank either purchased before building or planned out in advance. So far I have the engine, transmission, rear end, wheels, and steering taken care of.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back