Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Dads23T

Dads23T

Newbie here...My father just passed away and many years ago he started to build from scratch a 23 Track Roadster. He built the frame installed the front end, rear. He was going to go with a Pinto 2000cc turbo-charged engine. He has a bucket with out the floor..not a top of the line body..but it was many years ago when he purchased it. It has a turtle deck and a traditional track nose. So my intention is to honor him and finish it the way he would have wanted it. Although I think I will make a motor change. I will post some picks as it sits now as soon as I get them down loaded to my computer and am looking forward to picking your brains along the journey......so be patient and lets have some fun! Thanks!

Sorry about your loss . Cant wait to see the pics and welcome to the site

Welcome to the site from Michigan and can't wait to see the pictures. You've come to the right place and you'll soon find that these guys will help answer your questions.

Welcome from Florida! can't wait to see the pics. Your dad would like that your finishing the project in his honor!

Welcome from New Hampshire. I look forward to seeing your project. A great way to honor your father. I have a similar project that my dad started (29' Model A Huckster).
Not a bucket so won't post pic. It's all about honoring our fathers. They are with us in our projects.;)

Welcome from eastern PA. Good luck with completing the project, lots of good answers here

Welcome from central Florida! Where are you? You have come to the right place for any and all things T-bucket related. I, too, am building a track-style T. I am using a 2.5 four-banger and 5-speed out of a Chevy S-10 pickup. I have studied the racing roadsters of the 1940's extensively (forerunner of the modern sprint car) and I went with a 4-cylinder because the overwhelming majority of original track-Ts were built with 4-cylinder engines until the Flathead Ford V-8 started to dominate at the end of that era.:D

That Pinto engine really isn't a bad choice as there is tons of performance equipment and dress-up accessories available for it. Whatever you decide, it will be fun. Even with a small engine, the power-to-weight ratio in a T-bucket is impressive.:thumbsup:

100_1460a.JPG100_1462a.JPG100_1468a.JPG

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back